Fourth Year // Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Filch, our beloved caretaker has informed me that the list of objects forbidden within the castle now includes, Screaming YoYos, Fanged Frisbees, Ever-Bashing Boomerangs, and Chocolate Covered Frogs." Half of the students groaned while some laughed at the actual chances of them being banned. "I'm only joking about the Chocolate Frogs. The full list of banned items is some four hundred and thirty-seven items and may be viewed in Mr. Filch's office. There is a reasonable explanation. You see, Hogwarts this year will be playing host to a legendary event. An event that has not taken place in over one hundred years. The Triwizard Tournament!"

"You're joking!" Fred shouted. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley. Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests or better known as tasks. Each school will have a single contestant selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen ... you stand alone, and trust me when I say these tasks are not for the faint of heart. Now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their beautiful Headmistress Madame Maxime."

The Great Hall doors swung open and a group of girls in uniforms of all the different shades of the color blue came waltzing in. They would walk a few steps and extend their arms out and sigh. Once they got to the front of the hall they released some magical butterflies out of their sleeves.

"Bloody hell," Ron spoke out loud as he watched the girls with awe. His mouth was slowly starting to drop, and Ginny quickly tapped it back up for him. I turned to get a better look at the rest of the tables and basically, all the boys were watching like they were the Veela from the Quidditch World cup.

"Blimey, that's one big woman!" Seamus said patting Dean on the shoulder. I glanced and saw Madame Maxime walked past, she was indeed tall, probably even taller than Hagrid! Once they finished, Dumbledore went down and met her and kissed her hand, and escorted her to the chair on his right.

"And no our friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their High Master Igor Karkaroff." The doors once again burst open as the Durmstrang boys entered the Great Hall. Many of them had staffs they were banging on the ground, and tossing them between their hands. How any girls found that attractive, I'll never know. However, when they started doing flips and tricks my attention was solely on the boys.

"Blimey, it's him! Viktor Krum!" Ron basically screamed. We all turned to see him enter alongside their high master. Everyone stared wide-eyed at the famous Quidditch player, many girls started waving their hands at their faces like they were going to faint. Which I found slightly funny, I mean, Krum was a handsome-looking man, after all, but he honestly looked scarier than anything. To finish their grand entrance three boys from the front of the group blew fires out of their wands. Poor Dumbledore almost had to duck as one of the flames barely touched the top of his head.

"Now, that everyone is settled, I have two more words to say." Professor Dumbledore said as he went back to his seat. "Tuck in!" With a wave of his hand all of our plates and goblets filled with delicious food. We all piled food onto our plates and began to eat. I was in mid-bite when I heard Fred's voice.

"I want to enter!" Fred said. "Actually, I'm going to enter."

"Abso-bloody-lutely not!" I snapped at him. "Fred, it's too risky!"

"You can't stop me!"

"I bloody well can, and will! Fred, listen. Witches and Wizards have DIED!"

"So? That was a long time ago!" George inputted.

"George! Not you too!" I moaned.

"Yep." He smiled.

"Mum will go bonkers."

"She won't find out, Ginny and Ron won't say a word. So all that's left is for you to promise." George said leaning down the table.

"I will do no such thing! If you guys enter, she has the right to know. Being you might get killed!" I snapped jabbing my fork at a piece of ham.

"Come on, Ri Ri! The chances we get picked are slim! Just let us enter!" Fred whined.

"Fine!" I gave up. "If you get chosen and die, I will bring you back to life and kill your arse again!" I said. They nodded and went back to eating and discussing possible pranks between the three of them. I focused on eating, trying to brush the thoughts of them possibly dying out of my head. 

Just then a note appeared on my plate. I sighed and picked it up.

Ri Ri,

Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. Trust me, I'll live to see my seventeenth. Bloody hell, I'll live to see my hundredth! Just let us have some fun, 'kay? Love you!

Freddie Teddy

I looked over and made eye contact with Fred and smiled over at him. Wherever would I be without my older brothers?