Chapter 23 | What Has to be Done

"People do things they never would've thought of doing when their life is on the line."

Haru, as always, was assigned to watch over Sakura's party while she was away. She went to the castle as soon as Nami told her about Naofumi's present condition, wanting to make sure that he was alive and well. He heard that Naofumi was about to cast a forbidden magic spell that could possible take his life away, which is the main reason why Sakura used her own magic to stop him from risking his life.

The blue-haired co-leader chuckled to himself at the thought, folding his arms over his chest as he gazed up at his party members walking a little ahead of him through the night market. "She doesn't want anyone to risk their lives, but she does it quicker than anyone else." He sighed to himself. "Classic, Sakura-sama."

"Haru!"

Freya began to walk slower to match his pace, leaving Nami and Ria to gawk over the street foods by themselves. She intertwines her fingers behind her and looked at him with worry. "Where did Sakura-sama go? She's still injured."

"The Queen called for her, don't worry." Haru smiled back reassuringly. "Naofumi-sama and his party are there too. She'll be just fine."

The brunette lets out a defeated sigh. She knew that they can't keep Sakura isolated until she fully heals up. She is the Dagger Hero, and many people are relying on her. Now that the Queen is back, she will be busier than ever too.

"I guess you're right. She is Sakura-sama, after all." She chuckled lightly. "But still, I worry. She doesn't take care of herself best. It's always other people first."

"That's just how she is." Haru shrugged. He glances down the worrying girl and patted her head lightly, making her freeze. She glances up at him with her cheeks tainted red, unable to contain the rush within her. "Eh, are you okay? You're turning red, Freya."

"I-I-I'm fine!" Freya swatted his hand off of her head and speed-walked towards Nami and Ria. She lowly muttered to herself, head hanging low to hide her blush. "Stupid Haru."

***

Sakura was immediately assisted to the moment she reached the front gate of the castle, the guards claiming that they have been expecting her. The Queen of Melromarc probably told them about her visit beforehand and wanted to make sure that she was well-acquainted to. She's certainly done a better job in treating the heroes well already with such a simple gesture.

She follows the guard up the flight of stairs, silently observing the design of the castle that she only decided to pay attention to now. All the while, making sure that her bandaged arm is out of harm's way. She wants to get it healed as soon as possible, and naturally. Sakura didn't want to keep relying on Ria and her healing ability for whenever she gets injured.

It is draining for her, especially when she's still working on increasing her mana and stamina. They may be experienced adventurers, but Sakura learned that they are yet to know more about their abilities. It was quite similar to Nami's case and his barriers. Haru and Freya were the only ones who are used to utilizing their magic, and that's most likely because they have been adventuring longer than the other two.

Which reminds her, she should get something for them later as an apology for worrying them. "What would they want, though?" She thought to herself, mindlessly following the guard's footsteps that stayed within her vision. "Maybe new equipment? Wait,"

She vaguely remembers that Freya had been talking about getting better clothes soon. It was when they walked around the Capital after a quick mission, passing by many stores that displayed clothing for women. "I'll check them out later."