𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫

b e f o r e

b e f o r e

By the time Dean finished making dinner, Draco hadn't returned. The sun was down and a dark night sky had settled around town, the moon hidden behind an array of clouds. They're given their meals but Adeline can't eat, can't even sit still long enough to see what Dean made.

"What did you do?" She turned on Alexandre, who was happily eating his meal at the dining table.

"I didn't do a thing!" He gasped, offended that she'd say such a thing. 

Adeline scowled at him and made her way upstairs to her room. There were quite a few guest bedrooms in the house, all silk sheets and fresh flowers. She didn't care enough to inspect further, she just sat on the ledge of the window, inspecting the dark streets.

It was hours until she finally saw a sheet of white hair walking through the gate, rusted and squeaking. Adeline hastily moved from her place at the window and downstairs as he walked through the front door.

"It's midnight. Where the hell have you been?" She snapped, her ridiculous heart getting the better of her. She stopped short at the bottom of the stairs, mouth open in a silent gasp as she took in his appearance.

Draco was covered in bruises and cuts, blood on the front of his ripped shirt coming from a large gash across his chest. Adeline paled, the onslaught of memories coming back from her dream. He rested his back against the door, slumping slightly.

"What happened?" Her voice sounded airy but she was rooted to her spot at the end of the stairs.

Draco didn't answer, just looked down the hallway at something she couldn't see. When Adeline turned she saw her brother standing there wearing a thick robe and holding a cup of tea. He had a displeased look on his face and seemed overwhelmingly disappointed.

"No one can do anything right these days," He muttered.

"What the fuck did you do?" Adeline griped, rounding on her brother. "Were you trying to get him killed because that seems a little counterproductive!"

Alexandre put his cup down on the saucer in his hand. He gave a deep sigh.

"No. He was just supposed to stay gone until after we left." His voice was petulant. "He must have put up a fight, it's his own fault really. Although, since he got away he must be a little less inept than I thought."

Adeline glared at her brother, wanting so desperately to punch him in the face but she knew it would only give her a headache. Without responding she turned to Draco, who was still leaning against the door looking like he was about to pass out and took hold of his side. He protested weakly but he was too out of it to do more than that.

"Shut up, you need my help."

She didn't want to drag him up the stairs so she guided him to the study she'd been in earlier, easing him to sit on the shiny wooden desk.