They all continue to run, as more and more elves chase them, Jane stops and moves a switch on her device once it beeps, causing the elves to disappear and Darcy and Ian to appear in their place. The two having not noticed since they were kissing. "Darcy?" Jane questions confused.

"Jane!" Darcy replies startled causing Ian to fall.

"Ian?" Erik questions calmly.

"Selvig!" Ian replies embarrassed.

"Glad you two are alright." Asta says to them. Before Mjolnir flies past them.

"Mew Mew!" Darcy calls to it, causing Asta to laugh at the silly nickname.

The laughter died quickly once Asta noticed just how big the portals were becoming. "Please tell me we are not out of time?" she questions as she walk over to get a better look at the sky as the wind begins to go crazy.

"We're out of time." Jane replies looking up as well. She begins to make her way down the steps, and towards the danger.

"Jane? Jane!" Erik calls after her.

"Jane!" Asta also shouts, running after the mortal. Erik following them soon after.

Dust, Aether, and debris begins to swirl around the ship heading towards the portals. As the three rush down the street they spot the god of thunder, "Thor!" Jane calls to him, gaining his attention, "We're to late." she says as they look to the swirl of darkness a few feet from them.

"The Convergence is at its peak." Erik tells him, as they look on.

"Can those things stop him?" Thor asks the man, looking at the gadgets in his hands.

"Not from here." Erik replies.

"We can't get close enough." Jane tells him.

"No... But we can." Asta says looking over at her brother.

"No. No." He was quick to tell her, "I will do this, you stay here and protect them." Thor tells her, grabbing the three gadgets from Erik before walking into the Aether storm.

Asta lets out a sigh, annoyed she wasn't allowed to help, they three wait until Jane's device beeps signaling for her to move the switch. Another beeping signals another switch movement. They waited for the third.

The Aether storm drops allowing them to see Malekith hit against his ship, the device beeping, and Jane moving the switch. Malekith disappears with a roar along with a part of his ship. Jane immediately ran towards the courtyard to look for Thor.

Asta follow, not catching up to Janes fast pace and head start. The ship begins to make a noise, causing Asta to run faster. "Thor! No!" she heard Jane shouts.

She rushes to Jane's side as she attempted to move an unconscious Thor. They both struggle as they try to move him. The ship begins crack and fall, slowly leaning towards the two. "Jane! Asta!" Erik shouts to them.

Jane covers Thor, accepting what would happen. Asta moves to stand in front of Jane and Thor, taking deep breath, knowing she would probably be over straining herself. Focusing, she brings up forcefield covering at least the three of them, closing her eyes to block out her fear of a giant ship crashing down.

When nothing happens she slowly opens her eyes to see the ship was gone. Asta falls to her knees in her relief, dropping her forcefield. "Everybody okay?" Erik calls out causing the two women to look over at him.

Asta just gives him a thumbs up, happy that this was over.

____________

Returning to Asgard, Asta almost dreaded it. Now she was positive her father was either going to lock her away forever, or control every little thing she will do now until Thor is King. Saving the Universe is a memory she was glad to have, even with all the heart ache it cost.

Thor and Asta were in the throne room with their father alone. Odin stood at his throne, looking down at his children who were knelt before him. "You once said there would never be a wiser King than me. You were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new King in return?" Odin says to Thor.

"My life." Thor says before standing, "Father, I cannot be King of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great King." he explains.

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin questions.

"When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice?" Thor says causing his father to sigh, "This is not for Jane, Father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side, it changes nothing." he continues, causing Odin to take a seat on the throne. 

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. And a daughter who wishes for exploration. Is this my legacy?" Odin says causing Asta to look to him before standing.

"Loki died with honor, I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor tells him. Odin nods in understanding.

Thor sighs before holding out Mjolnir to his father. Odin looks to him amused before shaking his head, "It belongs to you, if you are worthy." he tells his son.

"I shall try to be." Thor replies.

"I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune." Odin says to him, causing Thor to nod in understanding, turning to leave. "If I were proud of the man my son had become," Odin continues, making Thor turn back around, "even that I could not say. It would speak only from my heart. Go, my son." He tells his son.

"Thank you, father." Thor replies before making his leave.

Odin looks to Asta, "I do not wish for you to hate me. I fear to lose you, but I know you are destined for great things." he begins, pausing to take in her neutral, almost sad expression. "That being said, I will allow you to explore to your hearts content. And when the time comes, if your brother still wishes to be just a good man; then you will take over as Queen." he tells her.

Asta stares at him in shock, "Queen? Are you sure?" she questions.

Odin raises a hand to calm her, "You are young, so you have plenty of time to explore before you are needed here. The realms are calm. Asgard is fine. Go be the Goddess you were meant to be. Help all of space if you so wish." Odin tells her truthfully.

Relief flooded her, "Thank you father. Truly thank you." she tells him, happiness filling her.

"Now go. Before I take back my decision." he teller his daughter, gesturing to the door.

"I will make you proud." she tells him before rushing out of the room.

"You already do." Loki whispers as he watches her leave, a sad smile on his face.

____________________________

1840 Words

This is the end for Dark World!

Are you excited for what's to come, cause I know I am.

Happy Valentines Day!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake