To California

Bella was quiet at the way. The Uber driver tried to make some conversations with her, but she replied shortly. She stared out of the window most of the ride, not focusing much around. Suddenly the car stopped. She paid the money and got out.

"Chuck, what we do now?" She whispered to the doll.

"Walk, goddammit." He said.

She huffed in annoyance. Why was he so rude? If he wanted to know, she ran away from home for him. Well, mostly to save her family, but yet. She wasn't planning on dying, and that's it. If it was to be, she would report him. End of the story.

They walked for a bit. Suddenly, Bella stopped dead in tracks. She became pale white.

"What?" Chucky whispered.

"The police." She said and she kept her head down and walked slowly. A police officer noticed her and went close. She panicked. Sweat started running down her spine. What would she do now?

"Good morning miss." He said, "officer John."

"Good morning." She said, still looking down.

"May I check this doll for a minute?" He pointed at the doll.

'Holy shit. What will I do now? He's gonna find out.' Bella thought. Anyway, she gave the doll to him trying her best to look quiet and calm. John checked the doll's clothes, batteries and tried to make him speak.

"Hi. I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend till the end. Haidi Ho- hahaha!" Chucky said in a childish voice. Bella smiled in relief. John also smiled and gave the doll back.

"Okay, have a good day ma'am. If I may ask you again, where are you headed to?" John asked again.

"Los Angeles." Bella said carefully, and walked away. John stared at her as she left.

"That was a close call. Phew." Bella said to Chucky who was still in Barbie mode. They went to a bus stop.

Bella took her phone out. 'Chicago, Illinois, USA. To Los Angeles, California, USA. The flight is around 3 hours and a half. You can go there by bus, but it would take longer. Hm, my dad is in jail in San Diego. I lived in San Diego, so basically we can also go there. Do we have any house in LA? I don't know. So yea, let's go now.'

Bella said, and headed to the bus. According to Chucky, it was better if they took the bus. And he was right, unfortunately. They would go tomorrow at 7 in the morning, and the ticket coasted 126$. Like they were going in Dubai or something. Where would they even find those money?

....

"Walk to this motel. They are quiet cheap." Chucky whispered in Bella's ear. Bella did so. She went inside. A women in her mid 30 was sitting in there.

"Hi, I'd like a room, please." Bella said. The women smiled and checked the computer. She got some keys.

"Room 6, second floor. Have a nice stay." She said. Bella smiled back and went in the elevator. She opened the door to room 6. Bella finally left Chucky in the floor and he flexed his arms.

"Ugh, finally." Chucky said. It was 12 pm. Bella looked around the room. A TV, a couch, the window, the toilet and- the bed. Only one bed.

"Chucky!" Bella hissed. He looked at her.

"What doll?" He said.

"Why do we only have one bed?" Bella asked, nervous.

"Oh, did you asked for two beds?" Chucky smirked at her.

"Wouldn't it be weird? Like, what would I say? I need two beds, one for me and one for my serial killer doll?" She rolled her eyes. Chucky said something under breath. The day went quiet. One day since she left her house. They and only 24 hours to go in LA, before the police would start looking for her.

"So, how will we sleep?" Chucky said, looking at the bed.

"You sleep in the bed. I'll sleep in the couch." Bella said, and sat in the couch.

"And then I'll hear you complaining in the morning saying how you didn't got any sleep? Nah, thanks. Sleep in the bed." Chucky said, staying in front of her. Bella rolled her eyes at him.

"I've slept in couches plenty of times. Sleep there." She said closing her eyes.

Chucky definitely wanted to sleep in the bed but he still hissed. They both went to sleep that night, both excited.
Bella was afraid. They would probably caught them. Chucky was afraid of losing the only chance to get in a human body. They both wanted to talk, she wanted answers, he wanted to let go of his problems, but they knew they couldn't.

They were only strangers. Strangers who were running away together. Strangers that would stay strangers. Would they? Would they ever become more than strangers? Friends? Bella didn't wanted to think about that. He was a killer. A serial killer. The Lakeshore strangler.

In chucky's eyes, Bella was just "that girl". Nothing more. Could she be something more? Was he supposed to feel something more? Of course not. He was in her grandfather's age. She was 18. Somehow, he felt sorry. If he was supposed to know what sorry meant. He felt bad for having to do this to her.

They had already a shitty life, he could see this.

Chucky's POV:

But why am I even thinking about this? I'm a killer. A monster. I didn't felt bad for my own family, this girl is just a stranger. I could slice her throat open right now without feeling a thing. But she's my only way out so yeah. This is why I'm thinking this.

I peeked over my shoulder. She was sleeping. Well, good thing I managed to convince her to help me. I don't have nothing to do with her, as soon as all this is over, I'll kill her. She will snitch. I know.

Will she?