Chapter 13 .

Depuis le début

Maybe it's just a joke .

I sighed and went back to the bench to finish up and head home .

Didn't you hear me , Go to the hospital !

The man started running immediately after he said that , I chased him .

" Hey you , stop ! " - I quickened my pace .

" Stop ! "

He threw himself into the bushes disappearing without a trace.

I walked back to my bench and picked up my laptop .

" See you tomorrow ! " - I waved the ice cream man and thought of which hospital ? I don't know but the only hospital I know is the one Mr . Smith was admitted in .

I held the bridge on my nose and looked around me , trying to figure out what to do .

No time to think , I rushed to the car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital .

Figuring out all the short routes I could possibly find , my phone rang .

" What's the problem Brianna ? " - I stopped for a red light .

" Stephanie just called me , Pakeeza is in the hospital . " - her voice coming out broken .

" ... * Blinks repeatedly * what happened ? "- my hand almost turning pale from holding the steer too hard .

" She's in terrible condition , Damien * sobs on the phone . "-

" Please don't cry , I'll be there in five minutes . "-

My feet stepped on the gas trying my best to concentrate and to stop my eyes from betraying me .

*******

I parked the car and took out my phone freezing when I saw the three missed calls on my phone .

She called me ?

I ran up like never before , taking less time with the receptionist .

Stephanie came to me with her cheeks all soaked in tears .

" Damien , someone tried to kidnap her . She was beaten up ... * Paused to sob * and * sniffs * she hasn't opened her eyes since she was found . "- I tightened my arms around her , every ounce of will power in me forcing me to not shed a tear .

Pakeeza is going to be alright , I know it . Stephanie and Brianna have to also believe that too .

" She's going to be alright , isn't she ? " - she asked letting go to look at me .

" Of course , " - I patted her shoulders , inhaled heavily and went in search of the doctor .

I can't believe she called and what was I doing ?

Pakeeza please be alright !

" Can I go and see her first ? " - Stephanie asked rushing in immediately I nodded my head .

I went to sit down with Brianna , comforting me .

Few minutes later , Stephanie came out with a smile on her face .

I did same and headed inside as well .

Goosebumps spreading all over my body .
She had bandages on both her knees , on her head and a swollen left cheek .

" Who did that ? " - I pointed to the weird looking maybe hijab on her head .

" Stephanie did it for me , but she still tried . " - a small smile danced on her lips.

" I'm sorry I didn't pick your calls , I was working and ..."

" It's alright , I'm not holding that against you . You couldn't have known . " -

She opened her right palm with a paper in hand .

" A fan saved me , my number one fan , it reads . "

I looked at her again , her red eyes threatening to spill out its tears .

Walking out , I went for the toy and came back.

" Here , " - I handed it to her , hugging it immediately her finger grazed its soft and cuddly body .

" Do you know why they did this to you ? " -

" No * sniff * but I think they wanted to kidnap me . "

" Do you think it's him again ? "

" Maybe ? "

I nodded trying to not look at her again , afraid of her looking at me with disappointment or ...

" Don't blame yourself Damien , please don't . I'll be fine . " - I raised my head and saw a genuine smile in her .
" Do you know ? "

" What ? "

" When the man in the white suit came , I actually thought it was you ." -

I raised an eyebrow , wondering why but I couldn't help but smile too. It was a privilege .

" I promise to always be there for you then . " -

But she was asleep . Was she sleep talking ?

I moved up from the chair wanting to kiss her forehead goodbye but then my conscience wouldn't .

She won't like that !

It yelled , I slowly moved back and exited the hospital never visiting those two days she had left in the hospital .

I had to get a lot of work done so I would be there to protect her .
* Sigh *

A promise is a promise .

A/N

Wow things are escalating really quickly .

Did you know ...

Winchester was the first capital of England ?