Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

Two old friends meet again
Wearin' older faces
And talk about the places they've been

And when she did switch to another channel, Maybe This Time blasted the airwaves. Chills were brought into the insides of their veins. The blood flowing inside their veins stopped and their hearts stopped beating too.

"Stay..." Cate blurted and Sandra froze, "I mean..," She shook her head and laughed, "Don't change the song."

"I won't."

Two old sweethearts who fell apart
Somewhere a long ago
How are they to know
Someday they'd meet again
And have a need for more than reminiscin'

"Congrats by the way." Sandra spoke as she turned to look at Cate.

Cate didn't look at her, but she smiled, "For what?"

"For being the most beautiful woman tonight." Sandra frankly replied, she then leaned her head on the backrest of her seat, "Most people were in gowns, including I, but you stood out of the hundreds of people." She turned to Cate and Cate did too, Sandra gave her a sweet smile, "You always do."

"Can I be honest?"

"Of course. Please do."

Cate turned to an intersection, smiling at the road ahead, "Tonight is perfect." She glanced at the brunettte, "I am happy for I have met you again. I'm just happy, you know. I didn't imagine we would be talking, let alone me, driving you home. This is just..." she bit her lip and smiled even wider, "... this night is perfect."

"You've read my mind. I have been thinking about earlier."

Maybe this time
It'll be lovin' they'll find
Maybe now they can be more than just friends

"Hey." Cate uttered, not breaking her eyes from the road.

Sandra looked at her, "Hm?"

Cate looked at her directly into her eyes before she softly said, "I miss you."

The softness and gentleness in the way the blonde honestly said those words made the brunette smile. Her heart danced in bliss and her chest truthfully hurt for the loud beatings of her heart were just too much. There was warmth and tenderness in the way the blonde looked at her. And if humans could melt, Sandra would be a puddle right now. She didn't know what to say, all she could hear was the faint sound of Maybe This Time playing and the loud thumping of her own heart. It felt electrifying, and time stood still. Cate looked at her as if she was bound to be looked by those cyan pair of eyes forever. That blue eyes have touched Sandra's core more than hands ever could and god, the brunette wanted the moment to never end.

Her lips trembled a bit, but she managed to make it still, "I miss you too." She replied softly.

"I can't fathom why. But right now, sitting next to you, all I can feel is pure happiness."