Chapter 14 ~ Babe, I'm The Least Of Your Problems

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 14 ~ Babe, I'm The Least Of Your Problems

Recap: (Dean's P.O.V.) "Hope, you still don't get it, do you? You're never going back to school again. You'll never see your family again. You're dead." (Hope's P.O.V.) "I just want to make sure they know I'm okay. You can come with me if you want, but I'm going." That was my final decision as I walked out of The Meadow Hotel. Dean followed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss's P.O.V.

It was morning & she still wasn't home.

I looked down at the note I'd just written to whoever got home first. In my shaky handwriting it read, 'I'm out looking for Hope. I'll be back when I find her. Vikki, you're in charge of Ambition until I'm back.' I hadn't had the courage to write if I find her. But I would find her. That's all that I knew. I was going to bring my daughter home, even if it killed me.

She had a search party going on. It included Vikki, Ambition, Rose, Xavier, Skyler, & anyone else who wanted to look. The police were also looking for her. I'd called them this morning at six & reported her missing.

Of course Seb, Julian, & Scarlett were also searching but in private. No one besides me knew about my three friends. The world thought they were dead, there was no record of them. There was no trace that they were alive & that was what Seb wanted. If the world thought that they were dead, no one would have a reason to try to kill them.

Seb was the leader of the three- he made every decision.

I'd found Sebastian Whitlock ten years ago. I'd been trying to find Dylan at the time but had found another werewolf instead. Turned out, Seb had friends. That was when I met Julian Whitlock- his younger brother & Scarlett Swanson- his fiancée.

They were all werewolves in hiding. Werewolves that were deathly afraid of the Hunter & all of his Night Slayers.

Seb had told me ten years ago that he'd help me. I needed to find Dylan but I had two children. If I had half of my attention of finding Dylan & half of my attention of Hope & Ambition, I knew I'd probably mess something up. Seb, Julian, & Scarlett would watch over Hope & Ambition, watching them fro the shadows. Seb didn't want the Hunter knowing about his little wolf pack, so he thought it'd be better if even Hope & Ambition never knew they were being watched. I think of Seb, Julian, & Scarlett as my children's guardian angels. They make sure nothing goes wrong. They tell me when my kids are in danger.

At the coffee shop, Seb had saw Dean Addison walk in with Hope, so he called me.

Seb had warned me of dangers many times before & I was grateful. But werewolves or not, they make mistakes. None of them saw that Hope had left the house & that's why Seb didn't know where she was.

I looked at the note on the counter again. 'I'm out looking for Hope. I'll be back when I find her. Vikki, you're in charge of Ambition until I'm back.'

I would find her.

...

Because Vikki & Ambition had taken my car, I was forced to drive Hope's car.

The sweet scent of vanilla from Hope's perfume was permanently trapped in her car. The smell was comforting & calmed me down a little bit. How long had Hope been wearing that vanilla perfume? I tried to remember as I turned a corner, now on an empty street.

Even in the heated car, I still found myself shivering.

It was the afternoon now, the kids would have been out of school for an hour if they'd gone today.