What I Left Behind- Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Umm err... running and working out as usual, why do you ask?" I asked.

"You're mom said your grandparents are coming to town tonight and you all were having a dinner, so I was just wondering." Ethan said looking a bit hurt.

My mouth dropped in surprise. I completely forgot about my grandparents coming to town! Most importantly, I forgot to ask Ethan to come to dinner! My grandparents loved him and he loved them. Why did he feel the need to be invited though? He never needs an invite to anything. 

"Oh shit. I forgot to ask, do you want to come tonight? I meant to ask you last week, it just honestly slipped my mind. You never need an invite to these things. You know that right?" I asked with wide eyes feeling so stupid for forgetting to ask him earlier.

"Of course I do, I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you." He said looking a relieved.

"Of course it is. Be here no later than eight. That gives you two hours after tryouts to get ready." I said happily. 

He nodded in agreement, "I should get going, the guys are probably waiting on me," he said getting up from his seat. 

I nodded, "Say hi to Drew and wish Wesley good luck for me," I said giggling. "You know you're one weird girl Blake Gray, why am I friends with you again?" He asked raising one eyebrow playfully.

"Correction Lover Boy, why are you best friends with me?" I asked poking him in the ribs. 

He laughed and slung his arm over my shoulder and walked us over to the door. "Well best friend, take it easy today on your run. Don't go overboard you freak," he said before opening the door.

"Said the running back. Now go before the boys come over here and kick my ass for making you late for your stupid rituals," I said sticking my tongue out.

"Those boys know better than to touch you so no worries there," he replied before kissing my cheek and walking over to his house next door. 

"No later than eight Ethan, I'm serious!" I shouted at him before I closed my door. 

****************************************************

I ran about two miles around the neighborhood until I looked at the clock. It was around four so I decided to go back to the house to finish my workout. Once home, I headed to the basement that had a small gym in the back corner. I did my usual routine and finished in two hours. It was about six thirty when I finished. I went up to my loft and took a shower and got ready. 

I decided to wear a pair of skinny jeans with a coral blouse that had a small cut from the back exposing a little of my bare skin. I put on a pair of sandals that completed the outfit. I put a little eyeliner on but nothing dramatic. I didn't like wearing a lot of make up, eyeliner was the only exception making my hazel eyes stand out a little more. 

I texted Ethan around seven to make sure he was getting ready.

I looked outside my window in my loft and noticed his car parked outside, 

I'm running late, the guy's held me behind to do some lifting, Sorry. 

I laughed. If he wanted to lie he should have parked his car inside the garage. I texted him back, 

Oh that's too bad, I'll just go over your house and congratulate Lauren on getting a new black Range Rover. Did you know she bought a new car? 

I laughed as I pressed send, he replied within seconds, 

You caught me. Stupid car, lol. I'm getting ready I'll be over in 15