~ 12 ~

Sunwoo followed Seolhee until she was standing in front of one of the many mansions in the area. It was similar to hers. His was even bigger.  

He recognized the place as Eric's house and turned away after she was let in. He tried to ignore the knot in his stomach. 

He'd hurt her, he was sure of that. But he was also sure that they'd both get even more hurt in the future if they ended up becoming friends. Becoming close. He only had one real friend, and he found himself wandering to Hyunjun's house. 

Hyunjun had been his friend since childhood. He was the only person who knew why his mother really left their household. He was the only person who knew what a trash person his father truly was. 

His father was going to be furious at him for leaving the "family dinner." But he would have also been furious if he'd gone back without Seolhee, and there was no way he was getting Seolhee from Eric's house. His pride would not allow him to do that. 

He typed in the passcode to Hyunjun's house and let himself in through the gates, making his way to his room. He found Hyunjun lying down on the floor, sleeping in the strangest position. 

"Why are you sleeping on the floor when this house literally has a gazillion beds?" Sunwoo asked, poking Hyunjun with his foot until he opened his eyes. 

"You're here," Hyunjun yawned, getting up. He wasn't surprised. Sunwoo spent more time at his house than he did at his own. "I thought you had a family thing."

"I did, but I left it. Can I spend a few days here?" 

Hyunjun gave him a knowing look and nodded. "Your clothes are still in the guest room. We might as well call it your room at this point," he said, lying back down on the floor. 

Sunwoo sprawled out on the floor next to him. "We should," he agreed. 

"How's your face?" 

"It's healing," Sunwoo said, reaching up to touch the bruise on his cheek. 

They fell into silence, and he could feel the unspoken question hovering in the air. 

"Your father did it, didn't he?" Hyunjun finally asked. 

"Yeah." 

There was another pause, then, "stay here as long as you need." 

Sunwoo grinned, rolling over and hugging his friend. Hyunjun grunted, hugging him back after a moment. 

Thank you