16 | value

Reina twirled a strand of her pin straight black hair, and analysed the two with her keen obsidian eyes.
She had flawless and blemish-free snowy white skin, large doe-like eyes, a perky nose, soft cheekbones and pouty red lips. Reina Hayashi looked refined and aristocratic in every sense - from the way she carried herself, her way of speech, and definitely the black and gold kimono that covered her delectable body. The obi on her waist did a great job in showing off her small waist, and the plunging neckline practically showcased her ample chest.

" Hayashi, " Neji said, his eyes narrowed. " I didn't know that you were invited. "

(Name) stood silent in the background, watching the building tension between the two. 

   " I was shocked as well. Maybe after all these years, this clan finally has the decency to try to make amends. I wasn't at all keen to attend this.. Ugh -" she paused when she saw one of the guest spill food all over his coat. " Barbaric gathering, " she finished.

    ' Oh no the bitch didn't just say that. I don't like her. I don't effing like her at all,' (Name) thought , subconsciously cringing.

Neji smirked, despite being utterly disgusted by her arrogance. 
     " Then, how lucky of us that you decided to bestow us with your presence. Of course, this 'barbaric gathering' of ours isn't on par with your sophisticated tea parties, are they? "

Reina scoffed, noticing the sarcasm seeping in his words. 
     " You do find it disgusting? I thought it wouldn't bother you, since you chose an utter lowlife, when you could easily be with me, " she scowled venomously. 

(Name) who was staying silent earlier, immediately opened her mouth to retort, but Neji already did. 
     " Exactly. Why did I choose an utter lowlife when I could be with you? Well, that utter lowlife is my wife, so I suggest you to watch your words. Look at you, acting so high and mighty, but at the end of the day, without your clan's wealth, you are someone without value. 
Or in other words, worthless. And not to mention how much you love to belittle people, treating them like dirt. News break, no man would want a girl like you. I admit, you're beautiful , but the outward appearance is nothing if your personality is nothing but rubbish. "

Finishing his words, Neji grabbed (Name)'s hand and stormed away. He definitely had a bone to pick with Hiashi, who gave the final word about the attending guests.

In the corner of his eyes, he could see Reina breaking into a sob, and her bodyguards quickly approached her. Neji hated to make a girl cry, but if they hurt (Name), he would do more than just make them cry.
They headed back to their table, where their close family sat.

    " (Name)-nee! Wow, you look stunning! " Hanabi said gleefully, throwing her arms around her beloved cousin-in-law. " Oi, Neji-nii, what's with the sour face? " 

Seeing the expression on Neji's face, she knew well that it was something that he didn't want to discuss in front of (Name). 

    " (Name)-nee, this is my friend Konohamaru Sarutobi. Kono, this is my cousin-in-law, (Name), " she introduced the two, and left them while they tried to strike up a conversation. 

    " What is it? " she asked her cousin. 

    " Hana, what was on your father's mind when he invited that Hayashi girl here? " he sighed wearily.
     " Reina Hayashi? " 

     " The one and only. "

This time, Hanabi let out a sigh. " Well, I suppose he intends to mend the bond of the clans. Our clan had been friends for centuries, and your marriage with her was supposed to merge the clans. The friendship broke along with your engagement."