06 | the two-faced prince charming

It was almost midnight when Neji returned to the hospital . He was worried that (Name) might have been waiting for him , but it was somewhat unlikely.

He entered (Name)'s room , and he found her lying fast asleep on the bed.

    " I'm back , (Name) ," he whispered to her , before laying his head on the bedside. 

    " I wonder , who is the person who caused the accident ? Why would anyone hate you ? I certainly don't.." he chuckled softly , but his serious expression returned.

Earlier,  he had been at the Police Headquarters,  where he joined the investigation of (Name)'s accident. When the person is caught , Neji would be more than glad to destroy him. He couldn't believe that someone had attempted to murder (Name), but he could (Name) a several few who disliked her.

     " It's alright (Name). I'll protect you with my very own life, " he said , hugging her gently.

The sudden sensation made (Name) stir from her sleep , and she was shocked to find Neji next to her.

    " Neji..." she murmured softly , crackly her eyes open. " Where were you ?" she asked.

Neji's eyes widened slightly . ' She was waiting for me ?'

He quickly masked his shock with a soft smile.  " I had a lot of work to do , and I couldn't come back early .. I'm sorry ," he said apologetically.  (Name) nodded , now sitting upright.

    " Actually , I have something to ask you ," she spoke , lowering her eyes.

   " Go on ," Neji said with a smile , but deep down , his nerves were wracking. 

      " Why do you always apologise to me ? Why are you acting as if you commited a horrible crime ? What did you do to me , that makes you constantly say sorry to me ?" (Name) asked , letting it all out. 

Neji remained silent in his seat , unable to answer her question.

     " I... I admit , I did something awful to you . If I told you , you'll hate me to death , (Name) . One day , I'll tell you. I'll tell you about everything.  But now please .. Let me redeem myself ," he spoke , gently running his fingers through her hair.

(Name) had considered snapping at him , but the sorrowful , longing look in his eyes stopped her . Somehow , she couldn't bring herself to be mad at him.

     " Fine ... I'll give you a chance .." she uttered slowly. At her words , Neji felt his heart lurch. 

     " Now , why are you sitting there? There's a lot of room on this bed . You're going to hurt your back if you sleep there, " she said.

Neji slowly took his place beside her on the bed , immense joy brimming in his heart. He wrapped his arms around her , embracing her gently , careful not to hurt her.

     " Good night , my wife ," he whispered shortly before falling asleep . For quite a while , (Name) stared at his sleeping face .

     ' It's alright. You're right , it is too early to tell. For now , let's just go with the flow.'

(Name) snuggled comfortably into his arms , taking in his manly scent .

     " You're so warm ," she murmured , as she slowly fell asleep , with their faces being only two inches apart.

(Name) glanced at the clock , an anxious sigh escaping her lips . It was 9:32 am - Neji was half an hour late.

The cup of triple shot americano was already at room temperature, and (Name) doubted that it would be pleasant to drink. She retreated to her office , worry filling her entire being. (Name) had called his number numerous times , but not even a single call was answered.