VOCABULARY

I am MORE than just a writer of erotica, street lit, romance, vampires, paranormal, non-fiction and other genres. I write ALL GENRES, but POETRY is my first love and the first genre I ever wrote when I was 8 years old.

My writing journey started with Langston Hughes, Robert Frost and Sara Teasdale poetry at the age of 8 in the 3rd grade, Pine-Villa Elementary. Miami, Florida (Goulds).

This is my second collection of poetry on Wattpad. THE ASHEN BLUE is the first. This is an experimental piece from my collection of poetry I've written over the past 30 years. Each poem will begin with a letter from the alphabet and sustain words from said letter until the letter Z.

I  was thirty five years old when I penned this. And now I share them, my Copyrighted poetry with all of you.

Unless you're using pictures and stick figures to express, writing is as much about the emotions and feelings as it is about the vocabulary. Without the vocabulary, it remains thoughts, not writing. What's a game of baseball without a bat?

Vocabulary
By DAPHAROAH69

Someone told me
That writing is about feelings
Not about the lexicon
But without vocabulary
Even under the ghost light
In a smoky bar on
Open mic night
A writer can't express
Their feelings
Without the use of words.
In the beginning,
That's all there was...

©dapharoah69