04

Atlas' POV:

Calin didn't come home Tuesday night when I got back from work, but he sent me a text and assured me that he was alright and was going to a club. He's twenty three and I see him as something of a little brother, as he's the age of some of my students and is just as immature.

I'm only twenty six, but I like to think that I'm pretty mature. Sure, I joke around and like to have a good time, but I'm not as childish as my roommate tends to be. He also lets me know that he invited Miles and Sean, the two men who helped me in the woods, over for dinner.

Calin has been obsessed with Miles since they met, constantly telling me how hot the guy is and how desperate he is to get into Miles' pants. I can't deny that Miles is pretty attractive, but Sean is far more my type.

If I was into guys, that is!

There were times in high school where I checked guys out, but that all stopped when I met Veronica. Girls are my type, but guys can be attractive, too. I can look at the menu, I just can't order.

Not that I want to!

I finish with my classes around five in the afternoon because I stayed later than I usually do in order to tutor a few students who felt behind in the class. The three are all incredibly smart and hard working, but they have some insecurities and stress too much over quizzes at times, which has a negative impact on their overall score. Of course, I offer them a chance to retake if they desire it, but usually my students do really well.

Not to sound cocky, but I'm a damn good teacher.

"Mr. Romero, can I talk to you?" one of my students, a eighteen year old named Alexander, asks as he walks into my class.

My office hours ended a half an hour ago once the other three left, but I care deeply for all of my students and he looks kind of upset. Of course, I can push getting home because I don't have anything going on tonight, and I don't want this student to feel abandoned.

Alexander is a student I have worked with a lot this term because he loves the subject material and with sometimes meet up with me to talk to me about the psychological concepts we speak about in class. He is on his own over here because his family lives in California, so I'm sure he is looking for close friends.

"Sure, have a seat," I say, putting my backpack down and sitting back down in my chair. "What's on your mind, Alexander?"

"Do you think I'm taking on way too much?" he asks, leaning back in the chair across from me. "I haven't had a lot of time to make friends because I'm taking eighteen credits and I'm taking classes that are more for juniors and seniors... I'm just feeling isolated and I don't know what to do."

He's not the first student to feel lonely and lost.

"Do you have a roommate?" I ask Alexander, and his cheeks go red, but I don't comment on it.

"Uh, yeah, but he's on the swim team so I don't really see him that much..." Alexander trails off and shrugs.

I think I can guess why he's blushing, but I don't want to embarrass the poor kid.

"How about a study group? With how heavy your schedule is, you may not have time for a club, but I have a study group that meets here on Friday for a couple of hours. I don't attend, but Professor Kane opens the door for them and I let them utilize the space. I would also recommend you take fifteen credits next term so you have more time to meet people."

Alexander nods in agreement. "What if they don't like me though?" he asks quietly, and I can understand the anxiety he has, because he's only eighteen and he's new to the campus.