43. Convergence (I)

Start from the beginning

—Why don't you shut up Cerberus?

Don't be angry Master.

Kim Jaehyun clicked his tongue and ignored Cerberus. He followed along with the others as Prince Levi entered an inn at random and booked the entire place for a whole month, he even paid in advance.

Han Shinwoo's internal monologue: travelling with a loaded prince sure is worth it... wasn't he trying to keep a low profile though? If he does this he's making it obvious that he's rich...

"Pick any room, to settle in, don't worry about the rest, we move out in fifteen minutes," Prince Levi ordered them.

He waited until they all went off, each inside different rooms before he called out, "Marcel."

The young brown haired, green eyed man appeared right in front of him. The Inn lighting clearly exposed the slight spattering of freckles on his face.

No one, when looking at him would think he was one of Ledris' most powerful assassins.

Knowing Prince Levi was staying beneath the radar, he didn't bow to him and only said, "need anything?"

"Wait here for Riven and pass on my instructions to him."

"Understood," Marcel nodded.

"Tell Riven to start the investigation immediately, we'll be going deep into Ifvnar and I'd like them to follow but keep a good distance away. Their objective is to investigate the increasing corruption and also locate the python Rui, they should wait for my signal before splitting up to investigate."

After that, Marcel disappeared leaving Prince Levi alone near the Inn stair case, he sighed, "you're really nosy aren't you?"

Kim Jaehyun chuckled, "you weren't really trying to hide it from me, now were you?"

Kim Jaehyun climbed to the bottom of the stair case, he walked towards Prince Levi who was standing beneath it, closest to the corner on the room. "So the increasing corruption? The python Rui... Hector taught us about the king of ifvnar, is that what you want us to fight as training?"

"The investigation has nothing to do with you I assure you," Prince Levi said.

"But that does prove that something is going on in Ifvnar," Kim Jaehyun said.

"You should be more focused on your training, Ifvnar isn't a play ground even for someone as strong as you," Prince Levi said coldly.

"Don't worry your highness, I am well aware," Kim Jaehyun smiled courteously.

Soon after their conversation, the others stepped out, like Kim Jaehyun they were dressed in regular hunting gear. They had leather armour and boots on.

Han Shinwoo had his black hair tied in a loose ponytail as it had grown out over the months, so did Park Haejin whilst Lee Byeol left her hair down. Somehow Kim Jaehyun's hair was perfect as if he'd just gotten a fresh trim, truly the image of a perfect prince even while standing next to an actual prince.

"Alright, you're all gathered," Prince Levi said, "now I admit this is all rushed but please bear with me a little longer, they are much worse things coming our way than what we may face in Ifvnar. Still I advise you all to keep your guard up, be careful, Ifvnar isn't like any place you've seen so far, you could easily die there, still each of you should managed to kill or capture a beast and bring it back to me as evidence."

"So any beast will suffice so long as it's a strong one?" Park Haejin asked.

"Yes, it's should be a creature that is either a lesser beast or above, keep in mind the creatures of Ifvnar are inflicted with corruption so even lesser beasts will be more powerful and dangerous than what you know theoretically."