"Your already so hyped, you haven't even had breakfast yet!", Norman smiled.

"How old are you supposed to be? 5?", Ray teased.

"I'm 11 just like the two of you! We're the eldest ones here!", Emma pouted. I just patted her head to comfort her while giggling. That's when I heard the familiar laughter. Thanks to this particular person, I can now earn the best actress award.

"Your laughing too Mama?!", Emma exclaimed sadly.

"Emma, could you help me out here?", Mama requested. Emma ran up and hugged her.

"C'mon Mama~ I'm starting again and redoing my entrance!", She whined.

"But why? this something I like about you, Emma", Mama exclaimed.

"Because i act like a 5 year old?", Emma asked.

"That you care very deeply for you family!", Mama exclaimed. My expression wavered for a second. She's right. Emma has the one quality I didn't have. To be able to care for her entire family. This one thought always made me feel guilty. I managed to keep my expression smiling as Mama rang the bell for everyone to get seated for breakfast.

"Good morning, my dear children. Let us be thankful that all 39 of our family members can continue to live here together, happily today too", Mama prayed. We all followed, clasping our hands together. I was sitting next to Ray, opposite to Emma who was sitting next to Norman. I secretly ship those 2. Everyone in the orphanage had numbers. Mine was 22174. This black Tattoo was something that gave me nightmares, reminding me to never give in to this place. Starting today, I'll change the future!

//

"Age 11 type 1, answer each question within 10 seconds. You may begin.", The robotic voice instructed through my head phones. The screen then displayed questions. Luckily, they were pretty easy.

The alarm sounded, signalling the end of the test. Everyone sighed in relief that it was finally over. They started discussing the paper among themselves.

"Then I'll reveal the answers okay?", Mama exclaimed as she looked through the paper, "Norman, Ray, Emma, Remi, Congratulations on getting the perfect score!".

Emma shouted in excitement. I just smiled as the others started complimenting us. That was until Don challenged Norman to a game of Tag. I sighed. Just another day of happiness in this hell hole.

I watched as everyone ran into the forest, as I sat beside Ray under a tree. This is our usual pass time. We read a book together whenever the others play tag. Ray looked at his watch and nodded at Norman, signaling that he could start. After that, Norman ran off. I sat next to Ray in peaceful silence as we read the book in his hand. I could help but be lulled to sleep by the gentle breeze. I wasn't able to sleep last night because of 'training' and guilt. I felt myself lean on something as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Ray POV

As I sat with Remi under the tree, I could feel a weight on my shoulder. I turned slightly to see Remi fast asleep on my shoulder. Maybe she didn't sleep well last night? I couldn't help but blush at our closeness. Yes, I do have a crush on Remi, though I'd never said anything. We spend a lot of time together, which already makes me happy. If only this place wasn't forsaken, maybe we could live happily.

As i was lost in thought, the first ones to be caught walked over. I signalled for them to be quiet as i pointed to the sleeping Remi. They all immediately calmed down but were still joking around. Soon, there were almost all the kids back here. I expected this much, after all, its Norman. The game ended by Emma getting caught just a bit before time.