Phone Call Year 2, Vol. 4.5 Chapter TL: Pudding, Blade, Alisa

Start from the beginning

... Wait, wasn't this supposed to be a sweet conversation? How did it end up like this?

"Kei."

I called her name to urge her to say something. With what seemed like trembling lips she finally said.

"You, seducing a kouhai, I'm talking about that rumour!!"

"...Huh?"

The details of the rumour reached my ears, but I was not able to comprehend it and tilted my head.

Of all of the situations I was expecting, this was not one of them.

As expected, not saying something carelessly was the right choice.

"How did you even catch wind of a rumour like that?"

"I don't know! But somehow I've been hearing that you kept being seen with a first year girl!?"

First year girl. The only person that came to mind with a bang was Nanase...

Indeed, I had repeatedly run into Nanase and talked with her during this holiday.

I wasn't discreetly trying to meet her so there probably have been many witnesses.

Having understood the situation, this would be quick.

"She is just a normal kouhai."

"I understand that! If she wasn't, that's an out for you!"

That's right.

"Also! You didn't tell me you were pairing up with Satou-san for the treasure hunt!?"

Oh, looks like Kei also had realised one of the things that had come to my mind.

"It's true I didn't tell you but, since it's Kei you would have known about it shortly after right?"

During the treasure hunt there were lots of witnesses as I walked around with Satou. Even Matsushita knew about it.

"I mean, I knew about it but... I knew about it! But you know..."

Her dissatisfaction slowly spilled out as she mumbled some words I couldn't catch.

"Even though I really wanted to pair up with you."

"I understand your feelings but, that would mix up the order wouldn't it?"

"BUー"

"By the way, how did you and Mori do?"

"... You are asking me that?"

"Nope, nevermind."

The atmosphere had become worse, so let me not do anything to make it worse. I could have continued asking foolish questions but since the topic of Satou had come up, I decided to broach a new topic.

"You already talked with Satou about what's going to happen, right?"

"Eh? Ah, ah yeah. In any case I wanted Satou-san to be the first to know."

"Well, that's probably all right. By the way, did you have that conversation by phone or message?"

"No way. Something like this has to be done in person. It was at a cafe."

"At a cafe. Do you remember who could have heard you?"

"At the least I was making sure to be careful. You don't have to worry. At least there should have been no 2nd year students who could have heard it."

For Kei, definitely the 2nd year students would be the ones to keep an eye on.

The 1st and 3rd years normally didn't display interest in the love lives of people in other years.