Chapter Two

My stomach was grumbling like thunder. I needed food. I decided to try to catch trout in the nearby brook. I never really liked fish but I was desperate. I couldn't eat it raw so I look around for anything metal then I could rub it against rocks to create a spark and start a fire. There was nothing!Wait, what's that in the water? It's a pocketknife! It was perfect! I wadded into the stream and picket it up. Then I found a huge rock and scraped the knife against the the rock. It crated a spark. After a few tries I finally got a little fire started. I added some twigs tip I had a big enough fire to eat over. Then I cooked the fish. Surprisingly it didn't taste too bad. I had some extras so I wrapped them in some leaves. After I was finished eating I was determined to find shelter. After all I would not find a fully made bed on a mountain. I walked away from the brook making sure not to loose sight of it and there in front of me. The perfect place! It was a huge hollowed out tree trunk. I checked to make sure there weren't any animals. I made myself a pile of leaves in the tree and covered myself with a big ole pile of leaves and used my jacket as a pillow. As soon as my head hit the leaves, I was asleep.