Chapter 10

Chi Brooklyn Monroe

                                        {May 15, 2021}

The events from yesterday's activity left me so exhausted when I'd gotten home. I had no time nor energy to get any last minute writes on the paper I was currently working on and sadly time was cutting short for me to send it in to Brea. Hopefully today I'll get some type of writing in today.

Austin James's card sits on my night stand. I debated on giving him a call or shooting over a text to him today, then again what would I tell him ? I mean there is the factor of me telling him or requesting a meet up to show him my already three month old written assignment about a black excellent get together.

That story is still to this day inspiring. Sometimes I read it over just to get inspiration from it.

My thoughts are shortly cut once my loud phone rings. I reach for my phone on my night stand seeing that it was Gionni.

Yesterday we hadn't talked much. Only ran into each other twice, I blame Hazel for those interactions.

I answer the phone, placing it to my ear, and sitting up in bed.

" Hello ?" I whined at how dry my voice had sounded.

" I'm sorry my bad. You just woke up ?" I make a face because I was confused at his approach this morning. It seems as if I dreamt about our whole argument which hadn't even been a week ago. " Um yeah." I place my loose hair behind my ear. " Is everything ok ?"

" Yeah." He clears his throat on the other end. " How did you like the event yesterday ? I'm sorry I couldn't get to you to let you meet those people that I had lined up." I shake my head side to side. " Gionni it's fine. I seen that you were busy. There's a time and place for everything, just wasn't mines yet. By the way I loved the event. The set up was great, in a great area as well. The food.." I couldn't help to moan. Gionni laughs on the other end.

" Had to bring out the best. I'm glad you love it."

I nod. " Yeah. Congratulations by the way."

" Thank you. How you feeling today ?"

" I'm fine. And you ?"

" I'm fine. Do you have any plans today ? This makes me realize that I should have pulled you to the side to ask if you were free yesterday." He sighs on the other end. " No." I immediately object. " That would have made it so much worser on my end. My friends have already been questioning me on the fact of you following and commenting on my post." I leave out the part of them warning me of him sleeping around with women.

" Yeah your right."

" No I don't have plans besides getting some writing done. Why ?"

" I hate to ask or admit this but I need help with buying Treasure clothes. I'm completely lost in that category. Would you mind coming with me shopping for her ?" I sat frozen in bed, tossing around the idea. " Do you really think that we should be in the public like that ?"

" Chi, at some point the news of you being my child's mother will eventually come out. Why not say it now ?" I sigh deeply, taking a good look at my nails. " Listen Gionni right now I don't want them to know. Let me at least get through my pregnancy before all that ok ?"

" Yes. Are you willing to come with me ?"

" Yeah. Let me shower and get ready."

" Heard ya. Just hit my phone once you finished and I'll be over." I nod, taking the phone from my ear and ending the call.