♤️epilogue♤️

Yamaguchi looked at Nishinoya and Tsukishima as Tsukishima looked at both Yamaguchi and Terushima.

"So."

Everyone turned to look at Hinata.

"Is anyone gonna order something?" He asked.

"Since when did you start working here again?" Nishinoya asked, a bit wary of how they're all at the same place at the right time.

"Fam, I started working here like a month ago because I needed money. Tetsurou and I plan to move into an apartment. So are y'all lovebirds gonna order something or not?" Hinata asked for the third time, annoyed that he's been standing when the other four are sitting and staring.

"I'll have a strawberry shortcake."

Hinata started jotting the orders down on his little notepad.

"Tiramisu cake for me, and a sundae for Tadashi. He's been craving them for a week."

"Yuuji, that's embarrassing, don't say that."

"Sorry."

"Heh. Uhh, yea, uhh..."

The rest stared at Nishinoya as he tried to see what was on the menu.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Hah?" Nishinoya looked at Terushima. The others looked at the libero while Tsukishima looked away. Hinata noticed that and realized that he's gonna have to do something in order for these two stupid lovebirds to realize each other's feelings.

"You took too long I'm gonna go." Hinata said and left.

"EHHH?? OI HINATA!"

"Wow, he really left. I thought he's a nice guy." Terushima said.

"He is. Especially to Noya-san. I don't know what just happened." Yamaguchi blinked hard at the orange haired. Nishinoya muttered a complaint that Tsukishima heard. The blonde tried to stifle a laugh but Nishinoya heard it.

"You're laughing at me Tsukki?"

"No!" Tsukishima denied so fast. "And don't call me Tsukki."

"Alright sweethear— I mean. Kei. Tsukishima. Kei."

The situation then became awkward once again between. The teruyama couple sighed as they painfully watched the two being awkward. They can't even be romantic or else that'd be insensitive to them.

"Makki-san. Do we still have that leftover valentines strawberry cake?" Hinata asked as he went back behind the counter. Hanamaki looked back at the shorter.

"Hah? I think there's one left. Why?"

"I have a plan to bring two dumbasses together but I need that cake for it."

"Nice. I'm in."

Hinata and Hanamaki got their orders on a tray, Hanamaki holding the teruyama couple's food while Hinata carried the leftover valentines cake for Tsukishima and Nishinoya.

"Hey I haven't ordered." Nishinoya complained to Hanamaki. Hanamaki glanced at Hinata.

"That's yours." He pointed at the cake.

"And that's yours." He pointed at Tsukishima.

Tsukishima blushed and so did Nishinoya. Hinata snickered. Hanamaki is the best, he immediately understood the assignment and aced it. Hanamaki showed him a thumbs up in which the orange haired replied. Terushima and Yamaguchi gave them a thumbs up as well because they are very supportive of this.

"Just have the cake, it's free." Hinata added, persuading them to eat it.

"Are we supposed to share this?" Nishinoya asked.

"Yes. That's how the valentines cake work."

"Valentines cake?" Yamaguchi repeated but in a questioning tone.

"Yea. You're supposed to eat the cake with the person you like and once you both gulp down the sweet taste of strawberry cake, you both will grow feelings for each other. Basically saying, you both eat that, you're dating." Hanamaki explained their cafe's limited edition valentines cake.

Tsukishima looked at the heart shaped cake and somehow wanted to eat it. It's dumb of course, he knows, but as of now, he has no other options.

Nishinoya had the same thought. He grabbed the fork but sighed and didn't eat it.

"Guys, this isn't cool. Tsukishima is aromantic and I respect that. I mean, I like him of course, but I gotta respect the fact that he doesn't have romantic feelings for literally anyone."

Everyone exchanged glances with each other before staring at Tsukishima. Tsukishima looked at Nishinoya while Nishinoya just looked genuinely confused.

"WHAT???"

"I-I! I'M NOT—!"

"Not?" Nishinoya perked.

"I'm... I'm not aromantic. Just.. ace. I think." It was a faint whisper and only Nishinoya who was sitting beside him heard it. Nishinoya was both happy and shocked so he didn't know if he should show a joyful face or a shocked expression.

"THAT'S GREAT! I mean–"

Nishinoya stammered to voice out his heart's content. He took the fork and ate a piece of the valentines cake. He kept it in his mouth and stared at Tsukishima.

It was some form of way to ask Tsukishima to be his boyfriend but Tsukishima didn't really get it. The rest slapped their foreheads and scolded him in unison.

"EAT THE DAMN CAKE!!"

Tsukishima's eyes widened when he remembered what Hanamaki said about the cake. He grabbed a fork and looked at Nishinoya. The second year was waiting with anticipation as Tsukishima brought the piece of cake on the fork to his mouth.

Nishinoya couldn't contain his happiness and immediately hugged Tsukishima. It took Tsukishima by surprise but he returned the hug gratefully.

Hinata and Hanamaki fist bumped each other while Terushima and Yamaguchi smiled seeing them together.

♤️

"That was embarrassing." Tsukishima groaned.

"For you." Yamaguchi chuckled.

They both laughed at the past as they both stared at the night sky. They were both at Tsukishima's house, lying on his rooftop just to stare at the sky. They had suggested stuff they wanted to do after their test and this was what Tsukishima suggested. Of course Yamaguchi would say yes. Their boyfriends had family night and they have a night to their own. Bonding as friends like they used to do before. There's gonna be a meteor shower any minute now.

"This reminds me of when we were like... 8? I came to your house for the exact same reason." Yamaguchi recalled.

"Yea. Talk about that, what DID you wish for?" Tsukishima asked, suddenly very curious of what his best friend asked for 10 years ago.

"Wow, Tsukki, you wished on a meteor shower??" Yamaguchi teased.

"Shut up, it's near enough of a shooting star. So tell me."

Yamaguchi chuckled and tried to recall what he had wished for. He stared at the stars and saw the lone star that was twinkling by itself. He smiled.

"I wished to be by your side forever."

Tsukishima had a small smile on his face when he heard that. They've been through a huge fight that made them both realize how much they needed to change for their own good. They were still good friends even after that fight, that really proved that his wish came true.

"Well, I think you didn't need to wish."

Yamaguchi looked at Tsukishima.

"We can do so ourselves."

A small smile appeared on Yamaguchi's face and it grew bigger until he broke into laughter, making Tsukishima join in and laugh for no reason.