Pirate Attack

Claudia's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep in my room or borrow a night gown?" Elizabeth asks me. As she got ready for bed.

"I'm sure, by the way. Are you ok? You must of been scared earlier" I state.

"I'm fine, it was terrifying. But he's in prison now and will be hanged tomorrow" she states.

"Good thing to, can't have pirates roaming around" I tell her. "By the way, did my brother ask for your hand?" I ask her.

"Yes, he did" she says as she brushes her hair.

"What did you say?" I ask her.

"Nothing, I fainted before I could answer" she tells me.

"Stupid corset, that's why I have front strap ones. So that I can do them myself. Then they're never to tight" I tell her matter of factly. "Anyway I should get ready for bed also, we don't want to miss the hanging of Jack Sparrow" I state.

"Have a good night Claudia" she says.

"You to Elizabeth" I tell her before leaving the room. I go down the hall to my room. I enter to see a maid finish making my bed.

"Your bed is made Miss Norrington, do you want a bed warmer?" she asks me.

"No, I'll be fine" I assure her. "Thank you, please go see if Miss Swann needs something" I tell her. She nods her head leaving the room. I change out of my dress into my normal clothes leaving my boots and sword belt off. I brush my hair before calling it a night.

(Time skip)

The sounds of cannons wakes me from my sleep. I jump out of bed putting my boots on grabbing my sword. I race to Elizabeth's room to see her looking out the window. "Get away from the window" I tell her. She does so looking at me surprised. "No time for questions, we have to get to the fort" I state.

She nods her head in agreement. We leave the room me leading the way. There's a knock at the front door. We look over the railing to see a butler heading for the door. "No, don't!" Elizabeth shouts. But it was to late, he opened the door and was shot. She screams. Catching the pirates attention.

"Damn it" I curse and push her back towards her bedroom. Where we run into her maid.

"Miss Swann, they've come to kidnap you" she states.

"What?" Elizabeth says confused.

"You're the governors daughter" I remind her.

"They haven't seen you yet" she tells the maid. "Hide and the first chance you get run to the fort" she instructs.

"Find my brother Commodore Norrington" I add. She nods her head and hides in the closet. Elizabeth grabs the bed warmer and hits a pirate with it. She goes to fight another but he catches it. She released the hot coals. "Run!" I shout and we run from the room.

I stop and turn. I start to fight the fat pirate. I notice the thin one jump over the railing and curse. I slice the fat one's stomach before flipping over the railing. A cannon ball shots through the entrance hall. I use that distraction to grab Elizabeth and run to the dining room. I lock the door behind us.

Elizabeth tries to grab a sword. "Forget that, hide" I tell her. She drops it and hands in the cupboard. I open the window and stand in front of it as the doors are busted open. "Ready for round two?" I ask the fat pirate and swing my sword.

"Where's the other poppet?" he asks me.

"Long gone" I state.

"You're lying" he says looking at the rug by the cupboard. I notice it's turned over. I curse and rush forward. The thin one blocks my way. As the fat one approached the cupboard and opened it.