Pirate and Hostage

Claudia's POV

When we reach the docks we see James pointing his new sword at a pirate. Not just any pirate, but Jack Sparrow. He has a two hundred pound bounty on his head. The navy soldiers surround him and James. As Governor Swann covers Elizabeth with his coat. She's soaking wet in her under dress.

"Elizabeth, are you alright?" Governor Swann asks her concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine" she assures him as she hides her necklace. I look at her confused. Before turning my attention to my  brother and the pirate.

"Shoot him" I hear the governor order.

"Father! Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?" Elizabeth asks. James looks at her and sheaths his sword.

"I believe thanks are in order" James says offering his hand to Jack. Who accepts it, James turns his arm over lifting his sleeve. Revealing the scarred P on it. "Had a brush with the East India Trading company, did we, pirate?" he asks him.

"Hang him" the governor orders.

"Keep your guns on him, men. Gillette , fetch some irons" James orders a lieutenant. His men keep their guns on Jack as the lieutenant went to get the chains. James uncovers a tattoo of a sparrow above the P. "Well, well. Jack Sparrow , isn't it?" he asks letting go of Jack's arm.

"Captain Jack Sparrow , if you please, sir" Jack tells him.

"I thought Captains have ships and I see no ship" I tell him smugly.

"I'll handle him Claudia" James tells me. Giving me the 'be quite' look.

"I'm in the market, as it were luv" Jack tells me. I roll my eyes.

"He said he came to commandeer one" a soldier states.

"Told ya he was telling the truth. These are his, sir" another says holding up Jack's effects. James goes through them, starting with Jack's pistol.

"No additional shots nor powder. A compass that doesn't point north. And I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of" James tells Jack. But I was more interested in what James said about his pistol and also Jack's compass. I'd heard rumors about it. The fact that he has no additional shot, means he was mutinied upon and marooned. His compass, though could come in handy.

"But you have heard of me" Jack states. James drags him over to the lieutenant, that had appeared with the chains. Elizabeth follows dropping his father coat with no shame. I like her.

"Commodore, I really must protest" she tells my brother. As the lieutenant puts the chains on Jack Sparrow. Elizabeth stands in front of them to face my brother. "Pirate or not this man saved my life" she tells him.

"One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness" James tells her.

"Though it seems enough to condemn him" Jack states.

"Indeed" James says as the lieutenant moves away from Jack.

"Finally" Jack says and throws his chain around Elizabeth's throat. James pulls me behind him. As the governor orders the navy not to shoot. "Commodore Norrington, my effects please. And my hat" he tells my brother. James takes them from the soldier as Jack whispers to Elizabeth.

"It's Miss Swann" she tells him.

"Miss Swann, if you'd be so kind. Come, come. We don't have all day" he tells her. James hands him Jack's effects. Jack takes the pistol and puts it to her head. Making her face him. "Now if you'll be very kind" he says. She fits him with his effects, puts his hat on his head, etc. She puts her arms around him to do his belt. "Easy on the goods luv" he tells her as she does it.

"You're despicable" she tells him.

"Sticks and stones, love. I saved your life, you save mine, we're square" he tells her. He has her face us again. "Gentlemen, milady...you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain...Jack...Sparrow!" he says. He shoves Elizabeth into James and her father. Before making his escape.

"Now will you shot him?" I ask James.

"Open fire" he orders his men and they start to shoot at Jack. "On his heels men" he says and they race after Sparrow.

"Are you ok Miss Swann?" I ask her as I exam her neck. "No marks" I tell her.

"I'm fine, just shaken up" she states.

"Miss Norrington, I think your brother would feel happier if you returned with us to our home. So you are not alone until that pirate is caught" the governor tells me.

"Yes, you are right. Are you sure it'll be ok? I do not want to be a burden" I tell him.

"Nonsense, we are practically family and will be once Elizabeth accepts the commodore's proposal" he tells me. He puts his coat around Elizabeth again. Then leads us to a carriage. Which takes us back to their mansion.

"Miss Norrington, will you please help me change?" Elizabeth asks me.

"Of course" I say and follow her to her room. After telling the governor not to send the maids. While she washed up, I found her a new outfit to wear to dinner. We soon got word that Sparrow had been caught. But James asked me to spend the night here as he has patrol tonight. Elizabeth said I could sleep in her room for the night and borrow one of her night gowns.

A/N

Picture above of Claudia and picture on the external link of Jack holding Elizabeth hostage.