I walk as fast as I can to the bed and grab my phone to dial Ace's number.

To my amazing luck his phone is off.

Shit!

Shit!

Shit!

Shit!

Shit!

"Oh my god!" I gasp painfully when an electric tightening pain hits me. I don't know where exactly because I can feel it everywhere.

I have to count how many seconds this lasts.

I skip to 5 and begin counting.

6

7

8

9

10

11

And it's gone.

I sigh gratefully but the water on the floor only serves as a reminder that what's coming is worse and I'm going through it without Ace.

I walk as fast as I can to the walk in closet and grab the baby bag we prepared. I need to get to the hospital as soon as I can. From then I'll try to contact Ace or Diego.

I will have to ask one of the guards to drive me.

The freezing cold air hits my face as I leave the house to look for the guards. Thankfully my thick sweater is keeping most of the cold out but my wet pants aren't as useful.

I should've changed but it's late for me to go back now.

I walk around the corner where the guards are usually standing but no one is here. I look around only to realize that all the guards are no where to be find.

I'm all alone....

Suddenly the situation bleeds into my head. I'm all alone, in the cold, and about to get into labor.

I have to think quick before I get a stronger contraction.

As if on cue, another contraction hits harder than the one before.

"Shit!" I curse leaning on the wall with my eyes closed.

I count again hoping it passes as fast as the one before.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12