Movie Night (Pennywise/Reader)

Author's Note: This chapter has no relation to the "Fear" miniseries going on in this book. I mean, obviously. The title would be different if it was. Hope you guys enjoy some fluffy fluff and cuteness of a murderous demonic alien clown.

Originally posted on my book 'Fandom One-Shots and Imagines'.
____________________________________________

Months ago I had paid thousands to have the old, shabby house in Neibolt Street renovated. I was fresh out of college and with the financial boost from my parents, which was given to 'start a stable and successful life', I decided to make a bold choice and buy the most unlivable house in the town of Derry. And that purchase is what lead me to meeting him.

Pennywise came along right after the house was finished.

After a brutal fight to the death and a lot of sweet talking and convincing, I got into his head. Ever since the clown mooched around the house. I guess it was by technicality his house but I legally owned it. And he understood why I wasn't leaving. Because it was my home just as it was his.

Now, after months of renovations, the house was complete. The clown and I were on good terms. Pennywise didn't have a problem with me. He didn't want to bite my face off. That would have been a dilemma. Why had he not? It was beyond me. From my knowledge he lacked empathy. He lacked true feeling. But he somehow held in the urge. If there even was one after our first and only fight.

But that was the least of my worries at the moment. My only worry at the moment was my collection of DVDS being spread across the living room floor by Pennywise.

Pennywise sat with his legs crossed in the middle of the floor. He scanned the floor of movies. I sat on the couch, scrolling through my cellphone, occasionally watching the entity.

I knew Pennywise wasn't a real clown. He was something much more supernatural and powerful. According to the town's previous librarian, Mike Hanlon, Pennywise was more of an alien than anything. He was made up of pure light and took the form of what he wanted. And I soon discovered with a lot of time and patience, that light might just be able to feel because it was definitely able to learn. That was what intrigued me.

I glanced at Pennywise and he held a movie up to his face.

"What is 'T-The Breakf-fast Club'?" Pennywise asked, stuttering as he read the DVD case.

"It's a movie about teenagers who get detention," I said, looking down at him.

He flipped the case back and forth, examining it and slowly reading the description on the back.

"Detention? What is that?" he asked.

"It's what happens when a kid gets in trouble at school and they get punished for it, so they stay at Detention. Which is like school...but a punishment," I explained, failing at the attempt in the process, "Do you want to watch it?" I asked.

He shook his head and dropped the DVD case then promptly went back at searching through the DVDS. I couldn't help but smile at the facial expressions Pennywise made as he looked for a movie. He was like a kid in a candy store, but a kid that has never seen or tasted candy before.

"Is this a good one?" he asked, holding up my copy of the movie musical 'Rent'.

"Yes, that's a good one. It's a musical," I said.

"Musical?" he asked in confusion.

"Don't worry, you'll like it."

I gestured for him to hand me the case and he plopped it in my hand. He took the assortment of DVDS and simply pushed them into a pile near the shelf they came off of. I rolled my eyes as I got up and walked across the large living room. As I knelt down to put the DVD in the player I heard the TV turn on above me.

Pennywise has learned to control the television amongst the many other things he had learned while we lived together. He was still on the floor pointing the remote up at the TV which was mounted on the wall. Jumping back on the couch I watched him change the settings to get the TV to go to the DVD menu.

Once he had figured it out he turned around and handed me the remote.

"Are you ready to watch it?" I asked in slight amusement from watching him.

"Not yet," he said.

He reached down to his feet, taking off his boots and pushing them to the side. He then got up and wandered off into the hallway.

"Where are you going, Penny?" I called out in confusion.

After receiving no response and a few minutes of silence, Pennywise shuffled back into the living room with almost every blanket from off my bed and all of the pillows. I laughed as he walked over to the couch, hugging all of the bedding as he sat down beside me.

Since the couch was one of those reclining models, I reached down into the cushion and made the couch decline back a little, so we could sit back. Pennywise placed a pillow behind my head and then placed his head on my chest, pulling the covers up into us in the process. I shook my head in slight disbelief as I pressed play on the movie.

Pennywise curled up beside me. His eyes were wide with fascination as the movie played and the opening song began.

"Why are they singing?" he asked, looking up at me.

"Because that's what happens in musicals," I said.

"Ah," Pennywise said, looking back at the screen.

As we watched the film, Pennywise slowly but surely was laying on my lap. I placed my hand on his side. I think he was so pulled into the movie that he didn't even realize it.

I looked down at him. I couldn't understand how something so dangerous could be filled with such wonder but somehow, even when I couldn't understand it fully, I decided to not question it. I decided to not question him anymore. He was what he was. He learned when he wanted to. He killed when he needed to. And he began to love me when he learned how to.

______________________________________

Author's Note: I hope this was ok. I wrote it at 2:00 a.m. If you liked it by all means let me know if you want. Requests are open like always. Comments, critiques, questions, and concerns are also always accepted. I hope you enjoyed it. Until the next chapter.

 Until the next chapter