It Came From Outer Space (Alien/Reader)

Author's Note: I swore I wouldn't write any fanfiction involving a Xenomorph and here I am, writing Alien fanfiction. This request is from MiylyneCook :

So the reader has vitiligo (excuse the typos in the request) and schizophrenia

So the reader has vitiligo (excuse the typos in the request) and schizophrenia. I'm going to be fully honest, schizophrenia is probably going to be a minor, minuscule detail. I don't have schizophrenia or know a ton about it. The most I've done is a research paper on it. However, a friend of mine does have schizophrenia and there's no such thing as a "good type" of schizophrenia. It's hard to deal with and should not be romanticized. Since I do not have it nor do I think I could properly write about it in detail, it's barely mentioned in this.

I hope you all enjoy. Have fun reading.

____________________________________________

The crewmates who I had gotten to know and respect were gone. Each one of them had been attacked or dragged to the deepest voids of our ship, never to be seen again.

As much as it hurt to lose them and as terrifying as it was to be floating in space with no other living human, it wasn't so bad. Loss was natural. We all had to for one day. Although nobody would've expected to for by getting mangled by a 8 foot tall alien.

I know I certainly didn't expect to be fighting over territory in a spaceship with an alien either.

I sat near the control panel of the ship. I had set up a heat source detector and fixed the security camera so I could tell where the Xenomorph was. The alien creature was just outside the door of the control room where I was at, which was currently my only safe place on the ship.

I had been watching it for almost an hour. If it wasn't for the constant swaying of the creative's rigid tail, I would've presumed that it was dead.

"What the hell is it doing?" I mumbled to myself.

Surely it was getting ready to eat me. Maybe it was just waiting for me to come to it. Xenomorphs were definitely strong enough to get through any of the doors in the spacecraft.

I turned away from the screen and watched the door. If it didn't move out from in front of it, I'd be in a real bad place. The control room didn't have any food or water. And my medication was in the cabins area. And I certainly didn't have a place in the control room to go to the bathroom. I had to do something and I had to do something soon.

Then I remembered a theory my Aunt Ripley had proposed to me before I embarked on the mission. She had had encounters with the Xenomorphs when she was younger. Although they were dangerous, she had theorized that Xenomorphs could be tamed by humans if we could expose them to humans from a safe distance. The more comfortable they became with us, the more we could break the distance. This, however, was all in theory. An untested theory. Even my Aunt knew that the theory was a long shot considering how many members of her own crew were killed in the late 70s.