00 | Prologue

𝕭𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝕻𝖊𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘

This is a TLC/The Lunar Chronicles fanfiction based on Disney's Beauty And The Beast~

 Note: Credits to @marissameyer22 and Disney. 

⚠️All photos above aren't mine: Credit goes to Ibuzoo on tumblr⚠️

This story was written together by @caramel_popcorn_puff and @my_stars_above.  Vote/support both! 

Prologue:  

                                                       106 T.E

A shadow ran through the empty streets as the moonlight reflected on gleaming cobblestones.

The shadow wore an inky black cape, melting into the dark shadows and ghosty blue light beside rows of houses. The figure wore a hood over its head, covering a milky-white face. The figure traveled at a fast pace, though no sounds of panting could be heard. Light splashed on the figure each time it passed a lamp, but the silhouette quickly disappeared into the shadows each time.

The figure stopped at the end of the street and knocked on a door. The door slowly creaked open and two eyes glistened through the crack.

"May I help you?" A man's bald head popped through.

The figure looked around. When it made sure there was nobody in sight, it pushed the man in and squeezed through the doorway. The door closed with a tiny thump.

"W-who are you?" The man trembled on the ground.

"Be quiet, you idiot!" The figure whispered. It pulled up its hood and revealed a woman, cradling a bundle of fabric in her arms. The man immediately fell to his knees.

"Y-your Majesty! What an honorable surprise... Er, congratulations for the... Uh..." The sentence was unfinished as the man realized he should not have spoken. Queen Channary stared at him with cold eyes.

"Dr. Throndsen, I have received checkups from my private doctors. They said that this..." She looked down at the bundle in disgust. "...thing is something they had never witnessed before. They can't detect any bioelectricity from it." The man stared at the Queen in fear.

She glared at him, but looked back immediately. Her fingers stroked the side of the bundle, curling up at the small opening at the end. "A shell. It cannot be known to the public, no one will accept such a... monster as the Lunar heir! I want it disposed of, I want it gone! Even a princess would have been better than this."

The doctor gulped. He couldn't believe his ears. "D-disposed of, my Queen?"

The woman shot him a sharp glare.

"O-oh yes. Right. My apologies, Your Majesty. Right this way."

* * *

"Promise you will throw it away. Promise I will never see it again." The Queen's cloak swept the floor as she stopped at the doorway.

"Of course, Your Majesty." He bowed. Channary lifted her hood up once again and her face hid in the shadows. A little boy was cradled in the doctor's arms while he watched the figure disappear into the night.

As soon as she was out of sight, Dr. Throndson smiled.

"Who's a good little boy? Who is it? You're a good little boy! Yes you are!" The doctor tickled the baby and the baby giggled happily. The doctor grinned, but it soon melted into a sad frown.

"Oh, how I will miss you, my dear little one." The doctor sighed.

* * *

A doorbell rang in the middle of the night.

Cayde Myles Clay, a young man, answered the door.

"Excuse me, but..." Cayde, still in his bathrobe, surveyed the streets, but no one was in sight. He frowned. Just when he decided to go back to sleep, he heard a tiny cry.

On his doorstep was a bundle of fabric. Two chubby hands stuck out and an opening on top revealed a tightly squeezed face.

"What's all the hustle, hon?" Lily Clay walked out, yawning and rubbing sleepy eyes. She opened her eyes and squealed. "A baby!" She bent down and scooped him up. "What a cutie! Darling, can we keep him, please?"

She pleaded with huge puppy eyes. Cayde chuckled.

"Of course, honey." Lily squealed and looked at the baby. "We'll be your new family from now on." She reaches in and strokes the cheek of the little one.

The baby laughed in response and with his small fingers, he grabbed hold of Lily's fingers.

"It's cold out here, let's get inside." Cayde put an arm around Lily and they stepped inside the house.

A piece of paper slipped out of the bundle, but neither of them noticed.