Chapter Three | Falling Down

Start from the beginning

“You okay?” she asked “You sounded a little winded.”

“I’m fine,” Dom said briskly, grabbing her scarf and twisting it around her neck “Just didn’t sleep very well.”

“Yeah, I heard you muttering.” Said Felicity, obviously not completely convinced.

Dom tugged on her knee length leather boots, frowning “I mutter?”

“All the time, didn’t you know?”

“No.”

Wrapping her own Gryffindor scarf around her neck, Felicity watched Dom pull a jacket on over her sweater “Are you sure your fine, Dom?”

“Just cold, Fellie, really-leave me alone.”

Felicity nodded reluctantly, wondering what would happen if she continued to leave Dom alone. If she was this bad now, it could only get worse.

            Wind ripped the brightly coloured leaves from the trees spindly branches, letting them tumble to the ground. Dom and Felicity walked down the path to the Quidditch pitch, chanting along with everyone else and laughing as Louie and his friends practically tumbled down the hill, whooping and yelling like idiots.

“C’mon, the best seats might be taken.” Just then a few fellow classmates waved them over near the front, and Felicity tugged Dom towards them. Hundreds of seats were raised in wooden bleachers, three golden hoops at each end; the tall stands were dressed each in a houses colours, were the teachers and other visitors sat.

Dom and Felicity stood at the very front, leaning over the railings and screaming as the Gryffindor team walked out, Ben at the head-he was captain, just like his father, Oliver Wood. Ben looked up at the stands, searching for Dom-he saw her, screaming his name like they had never argued a week or so ago. Even if he were mad at him, he could always count on Dom to come cheer him on.

Ben shook hands with the troll like Slytherin captain and they flew into the air; Ben was a keeper, so went straight for the goal posts. He’d made three saves fifteen minuets in, and Dom and Felicity along with the rest of the Gryffindor team were already hoarse.

“WOOD! WOOD! WOOD! WOOD!” the crowd cheered, though Ben was only listening for one voice-Dom’s. He could hear her, screaming his name and laughing, clapping and cheering every time he made a save. She was fairly close to the goals, so he could see her clearly; the autumn sun made her cherry hair shine, and he could see the blue of her eyes from were he hovered in the air.

Something about how the sun was in her eyes made Dominique think Ben looked oddly like an angel, hovering in the air with his blonde hair and blue eyes-his scarlet robes billowed in the wind, and she could see the brilliant grin on his face from the stands. Suddenly, she was gripped by a bout of dizziness, and she had to grip onto the railing to keep from falling to her knees.

“Are you okay?” shouted Felicity, but Dom barely heard her.