While we are busy talking amoung ourselves, claude's voice cut off.

"Papa's hair is sparkly and pretty."

We talk in sync once again.

"We like sparkly things, hehe..."

Well, it is true. His hair is shiny under the sunlight. Like gold.

Claude smirks at our words. It is the second time I see him smirk. If only I have a cellphone, I'd have screensho....i mean, my memory card would be filled with his photoes by now.

I know if he smirks, nothing good will come but how can I help but admire at his face.

"It's remind me. You've jewel pouchs with you that day. I keep your treasure safe and sound so why don't you come and retrieve them yourselves next time."

'~~~~!!!~~~~~!!!'

Oh! I forgot about my pretties. Then, slient fall on the boat. And I was the first to break it.

"Papa ari want to how is this boat moving?"

'You already know so why you asked'

'How will a 4 years old kid like me know about?'

'You are 20 this years right?'

'Please don't count my previous life'

"Did papa know how it's moving?"

When claude didn't answer, I asked him again. And he gives me a short answer.

"...With magic"

"Wow! Did papa can use magic, too? When ari grows up, ari will learn magic and protect papa and athy."

I talk my nonsense without exhaustion.

"You talk big."

Huh? That is claude's answer to my conservation. Talk big? You mean I won't be able to do. Aren't you looking me down too much? I think I heard the sound of my pride cracking. Maybe my imagination.

'Pfttttt...' (athy)

'Are you laughing at me now?'

'That is what you got for talking much.'

Sob...I am not a much talker even in my previous life. I'm someone who prefer quiet and peace more than anyone each.
I am just talking to them because I like them. How could they do this to me? And I'm not even angry at them....sob.
I'll just ignore this father and daughter duo.

Looking at the lake, I feel the urge to sing.

"🎶Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.🎶"

I start sings a song that I've always heard in my previous life. There is a big park beside the hospital. And from my window, I would always admire the children playing with their parents. Something that I couldn't have.

"🎶Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.🎶"

"🎶Hmm....🎶mm......🎶hmm...mm🎶"

"What is that song?"Claude's attention turns to my song.

"It's a magic song to move the boat."I answer back childishly.

No, wait! I think there is an accident with the lake in the story. Ahh.... how could I forget about that?

At my realization, I turn my head to athy. There, I saw. Athy's upper body has already on the lake? She is trying to reach the flower? I quickly grasp her hand.

"...That's dangerous!" I shout.

'This beautiful flower?'

That's a mosterous creature that lure people into the lake. It even eat people.
Before I could her that, the flower pulls athy to the water. Half of my upper body too pull with athy because I'm currectly holding one of my hands with athy. Another one is holding the edge of the boat.

"..help..cough.."

Athy shouts and looks at claude. The light in her eyes disppears in an instant. Even without looking at claude, I know what expression he'd be making now. Looking at claude, athy loses strength in her body.

Don't give up. Even if he don't help, please don't give up. I'm still helping.

"...just a little more...a little.."

I let completly go off my hand which was holding the boat. And pull athy with both hands. But I can't pull her and eventually drown to the water with athy.

I try to open my eyes in the water. I can't breathe and my head isn't working but at that time, I heard a whisper voice in my head.

'Touch the roots of the plant.'

I believe in that voice and touch the roots that are pulling athy's feet

I believe in that voice and touch the roots that are pulling athy's feet. At my touch, the roots let go of athy. I want to know why but at that time I can't think anymore.

I can't breathe. Am I going to die right now?

"Puhaa!...haa... kegh....kegh...."

Fortunately, claude saves us before that.

"Princesses!"

As soon as, we reach on the ground, lily runs toward us. And Claude talks something to claude but I can't hear anything.

As I caught my breath again, I hurrily look at athy. She is still breathing. I'm glad. The crying voice of athy was the last thing I heard before I close my eyes.