Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Oh, he's eighty-sixed, yo." Tim said, and Dam shook his head as he glared at the teenager beside him.

"Just say he's dead, Tim." Dan told him, and then he looked right at Brielle with a huge smirk on his face and then he pointed at her.

"You're next!"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

Brielle Davis-Scott's Point of View

"Brielle?"

"Brielle!"

I shot up awake from the horrible dream that I was having, and I looked up to see the guidance counselor stood in the doorway of her office smiling at me. It was a requirement for us seniors to come and see her at some point this week so that we could talk about the next steps that we had after we graduate, and after that dream I just had, I was slightly nervous to see her.

"You're next." She told me.

"Oh."

I picked up my school bag off of the seat and followed her into her office and we both seat down into the two seats in the room, she was seat in the one behind the desk whilst I sat in the one opposite her on the other side of the desk closest to the door, just like it had been in my dream, and I took a deep breath as I looked around the room. Well, Lucas was still alive somewhere, so that helped me a little bit.

"So, have you given any throught to which college you'd like to attend?" She questioned me.

"Uh...-Standford or Berkeley?" I said, and I could hear the sound of a question in my own voice, because I really didn't what it to play out like it had gone in my dream, and her telling me that I'm falling my classes.

"Those are great schools for you." She told me, and I nodded my head as I let out a deep breath of relief, because it hadn't turned out like my dream and I'm not failing anything, so maybe I can calm down now.

"Are you okay? Because you seem a little sketchy?"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"When I was younger, my parents took me and Brooke to California because our eldest sister Scarlett was looking at colleges and Santford and Berkeley were two of our stops, and...-I was only 14 but I fell in love...-I'd never seen anything like it growing up here, both of there campuses are just beautiful, they both have great curriculums and I just thought to myself; wow, this...-this must be what the world is like. And ever since then, I've wanted to go." I told the guidance counselor.

"Where does your husband want to go?"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hey, uh...-this came to the apartment for you. Guess they think you still live there." I said, holding an ,envelope in front of Nathan when I stood next to him at one of the tables he was sat at, he looked up at me with a smile, and then he took the envelope from my hand.

"Thanks."

"2,789 miles. That's how far apart our dream schools are." I told him, as I put my bag onto the bench and took a seat down next to him and he nodded his head at me.

Nathan let out a sigh. "Yeah. I guess that we can add this to the list of things we should have talked about." He said to me, and I nodded my head at him, and a smell sigh left my lips.