Prologue

Prologue

"In 3!... Be Fast!..." He shouted and pointed the black race car next to mine.

"2!..." He glaced at the crowds.

"Be Safe!..." He also pointed at me and a smile appeared on his lips. Looks like he knew me, huh.

"1!... GO!" the crowds also shouted in unison.

I immediately stepped on the gas. "Let's go baby!." I shouted enjoying the game. Nangunguna na ako sa karera nang mapantayan ako ng kalaban ko. Nakita ko ring bumaba ang kanyang samalin at pasulyapsulyap sa akin na para bang nanghahamon kaya binaba ko rin ang akin, naka suot naman ako ng helmet kaya hindi kita na babae ako at kung sino talaga ako. In the first lap, hindi niya ako nilubayan ngunit sa ikalawang lap bigla kong niliko ang manibela dahilan ng pagbagal niya. As I enjoy the race, I remember why I'm here right now, ugh.

Yesterday my friend called me and asked me to be here.

"Hey, my lovely beautiful friend!" he shouted in the other line. Nagulat pa ako dahil sa biglan niyang bati.

"Jairus!, the f*ck?! You f*cking as*h*le! Why are you shouting?! I feel like my heart wants to come out in my chest!" I shouted back at him.

"Oh, I missed you too my friend!" he sarcastically shouted again.

"You're disturbing my sleep!." I shouted angrily. The heck?! Why the heck is he calling me in the middle of the f*cking night?!.

"Opss, sorry." I heard him chuckled. "By the way, A friend of mine invited me weeks ago to a race, it's just a friendly race though and I said yes immediately but I didn't know that the race will be tomorrow, he just inform me an hour ago, but suddenly I had an emergency meeting the next day and I need to go back to US. And ayaw kong biguin ang mga friend ko, but luck is on my side and I saw a photo of you in Instagram minutes ago so I contacted you immediately and..."

"Just straight to the point, my gosh I want to kill you right now for ruining my sleep...uhhhhh. I want to sleep now! Make sure that these is worth it! " I blurted. Who in the world has in the right mind to call a friend in the middle of the night and shout like it's the end of the world?!

"Okay, okay. calm down..I..." he paused and clear his troat. "I want you to go to the race and win it for me..." I knew it, ha!.

"OhhhhK. Fine! Fine!.. What time tomorrow?!"

"5:30 in the morning. It's a 5 laps race, by the way it's just a friendly race. So, only you and my friends cousin lang ang maglalaban tomorrow." he explained and I just rolled my eyes and cursing  him endlessly in my mind for ruining my sleep. "So, thats all. I know you want to choked me right now and curse me endlessly for ruining your beauty sleep..And by the way, my friend's cousin is a guy and—" he chuckled because i cut him off.

"Yickeys! No!. F*ck you man!" I cursed at him. "Like duhh, it's not like I gonna flirt with the guy. No. Way.!" I shouted and he laugh so loud. He's so annoying.

"Hindi pa yun nakaka- move on sa ex niya. It's been years pero wala pa siyang naging iba and sabi nila it's because he love his ex very much. Hindi ko nga kilala kung sino yung babae kasi iilan lang ang nakakaalam. Ang alam lang namin ay taga probinsya yun dati." Pagchismis niya

"Pake ko sa love life niyan. I'm not interested and If you think that I will flirt with that man, you got me very wrong Jairus."

"Chill, girl. I'm not saying that you will gonna flirt with him, like duhh? " he laugh again louder this time, he also make his voice sexier. Kadiri talaga, eww. " As what I've sayin' earlier..." he laugh again and clear his troath. "Uhm, the guy is the fastest racer here in the Philippines and-"