Chapter Twenty

Aaron Pov:
I sat in shock after Aphmau finished telling me about her nightmares. It was horrible, what she had gone through. She hadn't told me all the details, like the name of the werewolf that had tried to kill us, but she told me about the Forever Potions and how I had almost died a couple times.

She had dried her tears while talking, and only had to pause and collect herself a few times.

"So... yeah. That's the story. Umm... do you have any questions?" She asked.

"Not really, but... there's something I-I've been wanting to talk to you about." I said nervously.

"Okay? Go ahead."

"I-Well I've been- I was thinking-" I stammered.

"Cmon, just spit it out!" She said, laughing.

I pouted at her. "Stop laughing at me! I'm trying my best!"

She let out one last giggle before silencing herself. "Okay. Just tell me! Do you need help with something?"

"I-kind of?" I said. "So, as you know, I went to talk with the other guys earlier."

"Yeah, from what I heard it sounded like you had a lot of fun."

"We did. But while we were talking, I mentioned you. And then Zane told me a story."

"A story? What kind of story? Don't tell me you were badmouthing me behind my back."

"Wh-what? Of course not, we were just-"

"I'm messing with you." She giggled. "Continue."

"Oh. Well anyway, Zane told the story of how you and I met, years ago. And he told me about-about our relationship."

Silence. I could hear her breathing shakily.

Aphmau Pov:
Zane... told him? About us? No no no no no now he's going to feel awkward and not want to be around me and I'll never get the chance to get close to him again and-

"Aph?" His voice cut into my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I looked up at him. His eyes weren't very expressive, but I could see his concern for me in the downward slope of his mouth and his furrowed brow.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry Zane told you, I'm sure it just made things awkward and-"

"Aph." He cut me off, "It's okay."

"Really? You-you don't mind?"

"Why would I mind? I may not remember our past encounters, but from the time I've spent with you I know that you're an amazing girl. And I may not be able to see you, but I can tell that you're beautiful."

I blushed furiously and looked down at my lap, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"So..." He said, "Do you want to... hang out more? I would really like to get to know you better and maybe even re-kindle our past feelings, but if you don't it's okay, I was just wondering-"

I kissed him on the cheek, interrupting his ramble. "I would love to."

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! My life has been crazy as hell lately and the stress kinda got to me. Not to mention I got HUGE writers block towards the beginning of this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed!

See ya!

-Mags