Chapter Fourteen

Oh my gods we're on chapter fourteen already

Aphmau Pov:
I woke up to voices and laughter coming from the bedroom next to mine, which was normal. There was almost always someone talking
and/or laughing here. The clock on my nightstand glowed. 7:14 A.M.

Then I remembered that 1) No one was ever up this early here, and 2) Ein was staying in the room next to mine. I shot out of bed threw open the door. Turning, I opened the door to Ein's room. Garroth and Ein were sitting on the floor, giggling hysterically.

"And then-" Garroth wheezed. "I said 'Why, I think you're just a-door-able.'" They were both rolling on the floor by now.

"Seriously?!" I yelled. The boys looked up, and went silent immediately. "I got woken up at 7 in the morning by two idiots laughing at DOOR JOKES?!" The idiots in question say up quickly.

"Uhhh..." Garroth looked at Ein. "This is why you don't anger Aphmau."

Ein gulped. "I see."

"Look, Aphmau, I was on guard duty and we were bored so I started telling jokes and now here we are! I totally forgot you were in the next room and that you like to sleep in. Please forgive us."

Garroth used his puppy dog eyes on me, which wasn't fair since he knew I couldn't resist the puppy dog eyes. He was not as good at making them as Aaron was, but I was weak.

"Fine. I forgive you. Just don't do it again."

"We promise!" Garroth elbowed Ein in the ribs, very obviously I might add, and Ein nodded.

"Yeah. What he said." I glared at him, and then turned my attention back to Garroth.

"How'd you get him to laugh like that?" I asked Garroth. "I haven't seen Ein act like this since high school, and even then it wasn't real."

Ein's eyes sparkled. "We knew each other in high school?" He gasped.

"Yes. But only for a year. And you turned out to be a real dirt wad."

He deflated. "Oh."

"To answer your question, I don't know." Garroth said. "Last night he had a real good heart-to-heart with me and Zane, and he's definitely different than he was before. It's weird."

I frowned. "Alright. We'll talk more later. Bye Garroth."

As I closed the door behind me, I heard Ein ask "Did you guys forget I was right next to you?"

Garroth cracked up again.

Aaron Pov:
So Aphmau used to be my best friend. Wow. I can't believe I've been practically ignoring her and- No. Stop it Aaron. You promised Melissa you wouldn't blame yourself. Okay. We're good.

Maybe I can just go talk to her? Tell her Melissa gave me the bandanna? Yes. That's what I'm gonna do. Let's go.

Five minutes later

I can't do it. Yes, I can. Let's go.

The next day

I had been stressing about going to talk to Aphmau for a whole 16 hours now, and apparently Laurence had had enough.

"Just go talk to her, man! Knock on her door and just blurt it out."

"Okay. I can do this. I'm gonna do it."

And I did it. At least, I made it to the door of her room. I steeled myself, and knocked. No answer. I knocked again. Nothing.

"Hey Aphmau, you in there?" I called. Nothing again. Huh. She must not be here. Oh well- No. At least try a little harder. I turned the doorknob and peeled my head into the room. It was empty, but the shower was running. That explained why she hadn't answered. I backed out and quietly shut the door.

Now what do I do? I can wait for her to get out, but I've heard her shower running before and it takes at least an hour. Now that I think about it, isn't it a bit early for her to be up?

Wait a minute. How do I know her whole schedule? I've been living here for the past two weeks, but still. It's kind of odd.

Oh. My. Irene. I have a crush on her, don't I? That would explain why I always want to be around her. But if we used to be best friends, isn't that a bit weird?

I sighed. I needed someone to talk to that wasn't my know-it-all older sister. Or any girl at all! I needed to have a conversation with the boys.

Dun dun dun! Drama! Aaron's having girl problems. Too bad he doesn't know his crush is actually his fiancé.

Oh my gods that sounded like the summary of a really cheesy rom-com. Oh well.

See ya!

-Mags