Chapter Five

Lucinda Pov:
Kawaii-Chan just called me and told me something happened to Aph and that I need to get there now.

I jumped out of my car and hurried up the porch steps and to the front door, where I rung the doorbell. I heard footsteps shuffling and the door opened to reveal Laurence.

"Don't ask me what's happening, I don't know." He said tiredly.

I followed him down the hall and into the living room, and froze in the doorway. Aphmau and Aaron were cuddling on the couch, Aph was asleep. Zane was pacing back and forth, Kawaii-Chan was sitting on the couch, and Garroth had just gotten up to greet Laurence, even though he had left to get the door only a few moments ago. The two had been inseparable since Garroth got back from Starlight. Melissa was pacing with Zane, and I brightened up a bit at the sight of her.

There was also a large bloodstain on the carpet.

"What happened?" I asked frantically. "I just got a call from Kawaii-Chan telling me to get here fast."

Melissa looked up at my voice and raced over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her face in my neck. My cheeks reddened.

"Woah! Are you okay? What's going on?" I said as I hugged her back. Zane came over.

"We'll explain when everyone else gets here." He said. I nodded. Keeping my arms around Melissa, I led her over to the couch and sat down next to Aaron and Aphmau. Aaron looked extremely confused, I realized he might not know what was happening either, since he couldn't see.

Itty bitty time skip

Rowan Pov:
I just got a call from one of Aaron's  friends, I missed it but she left a voicemail telling me to get to Aaron and Aphmau's house. I pulled into their driveway and put the car in park. I didn't knock and simply walked straight into the house, they left the door unlocked.

The people in Aaron's living room looked tensely up at me as I walked in, but relaxed as soon as they saw it was me.

Except for Aaron. He sat stiff on the couch, his face turned toward the door, eyes looking a bit to my left, but ears turned straight towards me.

Apparently Lucinda noticed this, so she said, "It's only Rowan, Aaron."

He visibly relaxed. We had met only a few times in the past two months, when I came to check on him, but I was still familiar to him and his friends trusted me so he trusted me too.

"Hey kid." I said.

"Hello Rowan."

As I looked around the room I realized a few people of the group were missing. If I remembered correctly, their names were Travis, Kim, and Katelyn. Terry's Kid, Possessed by a Ghost, and Badass With Blue Hair. Melissa and the witch, Lucinda, were cuddling on the couch next to Aphmau and Aaron. Garroth and his brother Zane, two of Garte's sons, were standing together. A kid with brown hair I didn't know was standing next to the couch and the meif'wa, Kawaii-Chan, was standing next to Zane, holding his hand.

"Who is this?" The brown-haired kid asked.

"Oh right, you two haven't met." Melissa said, "Laurence this is Rowan, an old friend of our dad's. Rowan, this is our friend Laurence. He knows about everything.

I raised an eyebrow, "You trust him that much?"

Garroth said, "Yes, we do."

I could see he had some sort of strong emotional bond with this Laurence kid, so I decided not to push it.

Hey! That's another chapter! I made a few small edits to the last chapter, so you might want to go back and re-read it. I won't be able to update tomorrow or Sunday, but I'll be back on Monday, I promise!

Btw, please comment! I would like to see what you guys think of my story so far!

See ya!

-Mags