4|Four

"Yes, I was wrong, very wrong, and I know that. I wish I had realized it earlier, Aayat, we would have been together." Zayaan spoke

"It's done Zayaan! Everything is done between us, we aren't together anymore. Your promises, your sweet talks, your everything looks so fake to me now. Actually, I wish I had realized that earlier than falling for the one who loved my sister, and could go to any extent to get her. But in that, he lost her, and along with her, me too. But anyways, how would it matter? I never had any place in your life. I was just being used, just as a revenge. You should have left me back then itself, when I lost Hania! Why did you do this to me Zayaan? Why!" Aayat said, angrily, accompanied by tears in her eyes.

"Aayat everyone deserves a chance, please listen to me. I realize I was wrong, and I am sorry for it."

"Your sorry wouldn't give my sister back? Your sorry wouldn't mend my broken self? Your sorry would do nothing good for me Zayaan!" Aayat replied

"We are still married Aayat, give me a chance, give our relationship a chance..." before he could continue, Aayat looked back at him, and spoke,

"Relationship? Marriage? Which marriage are you talking about Zayaan? I don't want to be in such a marriage, where neither was I valued, nor my love."

"What do you mean, Aayat..."

"Leave me alone Zayaan siddique! I don't want to be with you anymore. Being in a marriage with you is what you're talking about right? So I don't want to be in it. Divorce me, Zayaan! Just leave me alone, please!" Aayat shouted, and went inside to her room.

Zayaan stood there in shock. He wasn't ready to listen to such a thing. He always had a hope of getting her back, but he could feel it breaking by each passing second. Her words kept reminding him of his mistakes. He knew he didn't deserve someone like Aayat for what he did to her. But what about his heart? He needed her.

"Zayaan, are you like this with everyone? Or only when you are with me?" Aayat asked taking a seat next to Zayaan, who was busy in his phone.

"What do you mean?" Zayaan asked back, without glancing at her

"Like this!" She looked at him and then at the phone. "Why do you just keep using your phone the whole day? Do I have to keep reminding you that you have a wife, to spend time with?" She asked folding her arms, and smiled slightly, raising her eyebrows.

"I am doing my office work, Aayat!" He replied.

"Everytime? You're the only one in your entire office? That the whole work is put upon you, and that is why you always keep yourself busy in that?" She asked looking at him.

"What do you want me to do?" He glanced back at her

"Wait!" She took his phone and in a minute gave it back to him. He looked at it and spoke,

"Why did you keep your picture as my wallpaper?" Zayaan asked

"So that, you at least look at my picture every time, even if you don't talk to me." She chuckled.

"What is this girl!" He smiled thinking about her.

"Now stop with your work, Mr. Workaholic! You should take your wife out somewhere, it's Sunday today." She said and he nodded smiling slightly.

"Finally I got to see a smile on your face! See, how good you look with a smile on your face. you don't have to have that irritated look on your face always. People might think your wife irritates you a lot." Aayat said smiling slightly.

He just missed everything about her. All he wanted at the moment was her. But he could feel her presence in his life fading away.

By hurting her, he not only lost her, but everyone else with her too. His sister wouldn't talk to him, until it was very much needed, and so did his parents. They knew their son was wrong here, and because of which one was dead and the other one was shattered completely.

Aayat, who had taken her sister's place in the wedding, just for the family's reputation, was slowly accepted by her husband's family too. And they all started loving her. After the truth about Zayaan accepting to marry Aayat was in front of everyone's eyes, they all turned towards Aayat, moving away from their son and brother.