6| Six

Taking a deep breath, her hand moved towards the paper, and before she could sign, she stopped as a voice echoed around her, and she looked back.

"Aayat!" Farhana screamed. She left the pen on the table, and ran outside, to find her father breathing heavily, his health was worsening, and he fell unconscious.

"Dad! Please open your eyes, dad." She spoke, as she held his hand between hers, rubbing them continuously.

"Mama take care of dad, I will call the doctor." Aayat got up to pick her phone, and as she turned back, she stood still, glancing at the door.

"Aayat, fast! His health is worsening, call the doctor." Farhana kept saying

"Zayaan..." She spoke slowly, and Farhana turned back to find Zayaan near the door.

"Uncle! What happened to uncle?" He ran towards her dad and sat next to him.

"I will get my car out, we need to take him to the hospital, we can't wait for the doctor to come Aayat!" He said and walked towards the door, while Aayat stopped him

"You don't have to. We will manage, you can leave." Aayat spoke slowly

"Please! This is not the time. You don't want to come with me? Then don't! I am taking uncle to the hospital." He went and helped him till the car, while Aayat stood their, still figuring out the whole situation.

For her, at that moment, her dad was more important, she went and sat in the back seat along with him, while Zayaan glanced at her through the rare view, and she looked back.

~

"Thank you." She spoke and he slowly turned back at her.

"It is not needed. And trust me uncle will be fine." He said.

"You can go back if you want to." She replied not looking at him.

"I know you don't want me here, but I want to stay, for uncle at least." He said, and her having no other option, she let him be.

"Doctor how is he doing now?" Aayat asked as soon as the doctor walked out.

"We really can't tell anything, his condition is critical. We have kept him in the ICU, all we can do is wait, and see how he responds to the treatments." The doctor replied and went from there.

Aayat couldn't handle herself, and sat down, while Zayaan went and sat next to her, and tried to calm her down. For that moment, she just forgot everything. He hesitantly wrapped his arm around her, and she snuggled closer to him, while tears streamed down her eyes.

"Zayaan he will be fine right? I have already lost my closed ones, I can't lose him too." She spoke between her cries.

"He will be fine, you need to be strong Aayat, for him, for aunty, he won't leave his daughter alone here." Zayaan said rubbing her back.

"If he did, it would be the last day of my life too." She said slowly

"Aayat, don't say such things." Zayaan said and Aayat slowly looked up at him, and  moved away.

Hours passed by but there was no news from the doctor's side yet. Aayat so badly wanted to see him at least for once. Her dad, suffering from cancer since a year, kept her scared all through the time. She didn't want to think about the worse, but at the same time didn't want to keep hopes which might shatter later, just hoping for the best, she kept waiting.

"He wants to meet his daughter, you can go inside, just make sure you don't tell him anything that would tense him up." The doctor spoke. She stood up without waiting even for a second, and walked in.

"Dad...." She spoke as she opened the door, and at that moment she couldn't control her emotions anymore and broke down.

"Aa-aayat, I am fine, don't cry sweetheart." He said seeing his daughter's eyes filled with tears.

"You really don't listen to me right? You were not well since last two days, and you didn't even bother to tell me? It was mama who told me." She faked her anger, while holding his hand.

"I couldn't see you in any tension dear." He replied slowly.

"And you think, that you're this act, has reduced my tension?" She asked holding his hand tighter.

"I am fine now dear. I just want one thing, will you do it for me?" He asked.

All sort of thoughts came in her mind. She didn't know what he wanted, and what he was going to ask for. Him being unaware of what was going on between Zayaan and Aayat, due to his health, she was even more scared.

"T-tell me dad." She spoke.

"You should go and stay with Zayaan, in your home."

As his words hit her, her grip on his hand loosened. She would accept anything but this. That house which she always considered as hers, wasn't hers anymore. She didn't want to be a part of his life, or is his house, no matter how close she was with his family.