Kieran watched with big eyes as the boy ripped his apron off and rushed to the back room. "You alright?" he said, sticking his head around the door, "Was it something I said? Oh— I just assumed since you're such a chatterbox that you would know what to say—"

"It's not that, ghostie. I have a photography class to head to," Lennon replied hastily, twisting open his locker and recollecting his belongings. He stopped to gaze over at the ravenhead. "And I may be quote-unquote a chatterbox, but I'm not used to people wanting to hear what I have to say."

Kieran digested his words for a moment. "I want to hear what you have to say."

The boy laughed, shaking his head. "That's nice, ghostie." It was awfully clear he didn't believe him.

Lennon was halfway out the door when the ravenhead halted him in his tracks.

"When will I see you..." Kieran inquired, the rest of his sentence fading with uncertainty.

The chestnut boy shrugged, still in a hurry. "I dunno—Come over tonight?"

"Really?"

"Sure."

"Okay, promise."

Lennon took another step forward, hands raised meekly. "I really have to go."

"Go."

"I had a lot of fun today, ghostie."

Kieran thought this might be the achievement of his lifetime, considering that he'd forgotten most of his achievements. "I'm glad," he replied happily.

The boy readjusted his bag on his back and maneuvered towards the exit when suddenly someone's fingers curled around his wrist.

For a deadly millisecond, Lennon thought it could've been the ravenhead. But of course, that wasn't possible no matter how much he wished it was.

"Who were you talking to?" Cal demanded, pulling the chestnut boy close.

"What?"

"I saw you— talking to someone outside the back room."

Lennon frowned deeply, trying to free himself from the blonde's grasp. "I wasn't talking to anyone. Can you please let go of me? I'm in a big hurry right now."

But Cal didn't let go. He seemed to be contemplating something as he shot Lennon a hard stare.

At the corner of his eye, the chestnut boy noticed Kieran approaching. He must've noticed Cal's rough handling and came to give him a piece of his mind as he did to the other man earlier that day.

Panicked, Lennon yanked the blonde towards him with one swift movement and threw his arms around him. Cal froze in shock, losing all knowledge of how to return an embrace in this state.

How long has it been since he received a hug?

Lennon glanced at Kieran and recognized the utter confusion on his features. At least he wasn't coming any closer— nothing close enough to see the severe flush on his cheeks.

He pulled away and patted the blonde down nervously, attempting to tidy up his impulsive actions.

Cal's eyes locked onto the boy's bandaged limb. "I'm sorry about your arm," he blurted.

Lennon turned his attention back on the blonde. "It's not your fault," he dismissed, "But I really really have to go."

Cal released him, finally, and the Lennon sprinted the rest of the way out the bar, leaving more than one extremely baffled entity.