十匕

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞❜

THE TIDES OF THE NIGHT WASHED AWAY as the sun rose to the sky. Small birds made their symphony with sweet melodies that complemented the faint wind. With the dawn of your wake, crows traveled through the air and spread the news. 

Mitsuri was the first to come after Shinobu allowed visits, her arrival was a breath of fresh air from the quietness you would endure daily. 

"_____!" The pink-haired girl shouted as she barged in. You were sitting up and beckoned the pillar who was standing at the door. 

She ran over to you and pulled you into a hug, incidentally smothering you at the same time. You tapped on her shoulder to loosen her hold a little bit, "Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!"

You shook your head as Mitsuri's arms were still wrapped around your neck. You looked up to meet her gaze, "Hello." Pink eyes like cherry blossoms met yours.

Mitsuri giggled, her smile widening, "Hi! I'm so glad that you're awake now. You were asleep for weeks and everyone was getting more worried..."

"I've heard. I'm rather foolish for making everyone so concerned. But it has passed and I will make amends with everyone," Your mouth perked up into a small smile.

Mitsuri's eyes widened in shock before she smiling widely, a bright smile that made you chuckle, "Is it because of my face?" You asked. 

"Yes—! Wait, no, that's not what I meant by that—well, I mean, yes! You're smiling! I heard from Shinobu but I didn't believe it until now... you're actually smiling!" Her hands clasped onto your face, her thumbs pressing your cheeks as she stared at you with wonder.

"I was perplexed as well. I thought my Breathing's effects were absolute, but I was proven wrong."

Mitsuri squealed in delight as she jumped up and down, "That's amazing!"

"I hope it doesn't change the way you perceive me."

"Oh my goodness, no!" She gasped, "You look rather cute smiling!"

"Well... um, thank you, Mitsuri." You felt your ears flushing in red from embarrassment. You haven't smiled in such a long time that comments like those were strange and new to you.

She squealed again and pulled you in for a hug, her body twisting left and right out of adoration.

The room was filled with your soft laughter as she continued hugging you. Moments passed and the laughter died down as you relished being held by Mitsuri.