十六

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝❜

"HURRY! SHE'S LOST A LOT OF BLOOD!" A distant voice shouted as you slinked in and out of consciousness. One moment you were in the woods and the next you were in front of an estate, people surrounding you, each shouting over each other.

You could see the boys in the corner of your vision, all huddled against each other with worried faces on their faces. You glazed your eyes to the other side, and you saw Rengoku being carried by several of the kakushis on a stretcher.

Your eyes felt heavy, and you wanted to close them, but when you caught a hint of fresh flowers. You began to relax as you realized who was the owner of the scents.

"—Bring them... infirmary!"

"Tsukiko... urgent... fatal condition-!"

"—Make haste...! Close... death!"

You couldn't catch all the words that were spoken, but you were sure that they were talking about your condition. You're almost dead, and you're barely latching onto life. Your breaths were shallow and slow.

Splashes of purple and blue and pink flashed through your vision, purple coming closer to you than the other colors. The aroma of dahlias and yellow acacias was now stronger, and you mustered all your strength to say her name. To let her know that you're still holding on.

"—Shi... Nobu..."

You felt someone grip your hand; you smiled softly to yourself, doubting that your smile was actually present on your face. You were somewhat relieved that she didn't outright grip your hand in a death hold and break your bones.

You need to continue holding on. That's what you have been doing this entire time, and you need to continue.

In and out, _____. You can do it... Deep breaths. You spoke to yourself, No one will die today, and that includes you. Hold on...

Hold... on.

And you drifted away to slumber.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You opened your eyes and the first thing you could see was white. Pure white.

No, rather, everything around you was white. The ground, the sky, the scenery, it was all white. The only thing that was the odd one out from the place you and your devastating mix of colors of death.