十四

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐒𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚❜

RAGGED BREATHS SHUDDERED OUT OF YOUR MOUTH as cold shivers tremored through your body. The instance you felt the blade made impact on your neck, you felt dread wash over your body. Your eyes widened at the realization of what was about to happen. A second passed—a single reminder of the truth. 

And as that moment passed, you jolted awake, your eyes snapped open. The beautiful breath of fresh air traveled down your lungs and you composed yourself. Tremors wracked your body and you could feel warmth wrapped around your body, like arms pulling you into a hug.

Your eyes darted around and you felt your heart racing at the sight.

The passengers of the train were being engulfed in what seemed to be the works of the demon, mold-like creatures that at the sight of it from a mere citizen would make them hurl in disgust. 

Not wasting any time, you stood from your seat and looked at the ground. Burnt ropes and traces of the tickets littered the floor, and Nezuko's box was open.

The train shook with great upheaval, and you sought to where the source was and you couldn't help but widen your eyes at the spectacle that unraveled itself in front of you.

Your breath got caught in your throat when you saw lighting danced in the train cart. The light was a bright orange glow that could burn if left out too long, making it appear as though someone had thrown glitter then run off to go somewhere else. It was so beautiful that you didn't notice it was Zenitsu performing his breath. 

You were awakened from your mesmerization by Nezuko pulling on your haori. Your dull eyes met with her pinkish ones, shaking in worry at your predicament. Nezuko's concern made you strengthen your ardor as you set your stance, softly patting her head. Your response made Nezuko hum in relief as she turned her back against you, extending her razor-sharp nails, and growled at the surrounding area.

A weak chuckle escaped from your throat—you froze.

A chuckle?

Did I just chuckle?

You shook your head, That can't be, the effects of my Breath are absolute. That shouldn't be

An image of the man with the scar from your dream flashed through your mind. Cold eyes that made you shiver, the feeling of trepidation—a feeling of being sunk into an eternal bank of ice and snow. 

But then, you felt... warmth that blossomed in your heart. 

Warmth... when was the last time I truly felt that?