十一

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞❜

IT WAS A NEW DAY with the sun shimmering and as radiant as ever, to which you were appreciative of. The warmth of the dawn was a contrast to the frigidness that lingered in your heart and mind. You couldn't but scoff at yourself; you were a winter child who loved the sun.

"You called for me, Lord Ubuyashiki?" You settled onto the tatami in front of Ubuyashiki, who smiled as soon as he heard your voice.

"Yes. I must apologize beforehand if I called you when you had business to attend to."

You shook your head, "No, no, it's okay. I was merely watching over the boys in the Butterfly Estate."

Ubuyashiki, even though he was smiling, seemed to smile even more, "You seem to be fond of the children." Your eyes lingered on Ubuyashki's blinded ones, and yet you could see the penchant in them.

Maybe because he has children? You couldn't figure that man out. Everything he says seemed to hold more meaning to them, even just simple sentences such as greetings. Such as now.

"I also wonder that. Somehow, I feel some kind of familiarity, even though I just met them."

And again, Ubuyashiki held that knowing look on his face. His expressions, gestures, words; everything he did made him look as though he knew everything. As though he read you like an open book.

"Well, I'm glad that you are doing well. I called you here because I have a request to ask." That piqued your interest.

"What is it?"

"Rengoku Kyojuro, The Flame Pillar is sent on a mission to kill a demon that has been responsible for several disappearances on a train. The three boys are also sent there to join Kyojuro. While I am sure that he has the ability to protect the boys, Muzan's recent activity has me worried about their safety—"

You sighed, "And that's where I come in. Is that correct? You want me to join them?"

Ubuyashiki's smile turned to one of sympathy, "Yes."

You considered the request. From what you gathered on The Flame Pillar for the past month was that he is one of the most powerful demon slayers—of course—and his ability to protect others. He is an enthusiastic and eccentric man and has the belief that the strong must protect the weak.

Just like the flame that he conjures, Rengoku is a man of flaming, burning passion.

But with passion comes danger. Rengoku is passionate, that is true, but his passion may bring him danger. He may disregard his safety for others, risking his life and bringing himself to the brink of death, and possibly, death itself will come knocking on his door.