▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠❜

SERENE SUNLIGHT KISSED YOUR SKIN as you walked through the Butterfly Estate. It was a peaceful morning with the birds singing their songs and the leaves dancing with the wind. It truly was a peaceful morning.

You were thankful to whoever arrange your room to the far end of the estate, a distance from the training hall and all its noises; you were the type to enjoy the silence without being disturbed. It gave you time to be alone with your thoughts, which you were doing now.

It's been a few days since you last talked with Shinobu. The memories of talking with her made your heartache for some reason. To see her eyes quiver with the uncertainty that she couldn't bear, the way her breath shuddered and hitched when she couldn't breathe in the reality, and the weight her shoulders bared as it slumped with the words you spoke.

It ached you and drove you to check up on her during those days. But unfortunately, you couldn't see here around the estate. You checked her office, the rehabilitation room (sometimes to visit the trio), the training hall, and each different room that the estate has. You still couldn't find her.

That fact worried you, of course. You furrowed your eyebrows in concentration and drowned in your own thoughts that you didn't realize Aoi calling for you.

"_____," She beckoned you. Not receiving a response, she called your name again, "_____!" It was a bit louder this time but you still haven't turned around and responded. Aoi sighed frustratingly and walked over to you and grabbed you by the shoulder, turning you around, "_____!"

Your eyes widen from the shout and looked at her with an incredulous look. You blinked a few times before registering what just happened, "...Yes, Aoi?"

The young girl lifted an eyebrow, "Are you okay? I called you two times and you didn't answer me."

"I apologize," You shook your head, "I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear you at all. What is it that you need?"

Aoi thought of asking you what it was, but judging by your unwavering look of what she needed, she swatted the need to ask away, "I'm not available to give the medicinal doses to the boys this morning, so I'm asking you whether you can do that for me. Are you free to do so?"

You nodded, "I'm more than willing to help you. So, what do you need me to do?"

Aoi brought out a pouch that has a small bottle with a white substance inside and some cloth and lent it to you. You took it and she explained, "That is the medicinal dose that Zenitsu for his condition. Tanjiro and Inosuke can naturally heal with their enhanced physical aptitudes, so you don't need to mind them much. Thank you for your help,"