Chapter 111

(Previously)

It seemed to be enough because she immediately glanced down at my arm to see the four gold initials and grimaced before shaking her head and smirking with false confidence.

Sage looked completely in denial "It doesn't matter, I killed my mate for him he will do the same for me" she said with confidence.

The second those words left her mouth every supernatural stepped back from her as if she was the plague.

The only one that didn't move was Elena and that was cuz she was bat shit crazy. well and unconscious but whatever.

To reject your mate is unheard of but to even hurt your mate is practically impossible.

To kill one's own mate they had to have a completely dead soul which even Mikeal isn't able to achieve.

Everything in your body and soul wants to protect your mate and see them happy.

For a person to reject their mate was unheard of and if it does happen the Rejectee was shunned beyond belief.

The rejected were never blamed unless they truly caused the rejection by being abusive or cheating on their mate.

Mother nature herself marks our mates and for you to disrespect her is the ultimate sin to any supernatural.

To take that precious gift and destroy it yourself is completely forbidden.

The Taylor line has been the ones to enforce these laws since its creation and I will continue to do that today.

We have kept the archives of ancient magic and enforced rules from the shadows since our line began.

No one knows this but a select few old families.

The Bennets were made aware as well as the Gemini Coven.

We were the unofficial police of the witches and we took our duty seriously.

Mother nature gifted us with more magic and we will use it to the best of our abilities to keep the peace.

It was our job to punish and condemn the soles who hurt their mates and to protect the witches that could not defend themselves.

When Sage said that, something inside my blood told me to kill her so instead of taking a step back I prepared my body for a fight.

I pushed my emotions to the side and put all my focus on destroying the broken women in front of me.

There was nothing left of her, the only thing that remained was the sire bond that drove her insane.

I no longer felt anger towards her, just pity.

She had destroyed her only chance at true happiness and she would forever suffer for it.

Cade would judge her himself.

I stepped forward and immediately marked her soul for hell.

That was the easy part, now I had to kill a 900-year-old vampire. Who's also bat shit insane.

~~~~~~

Klaus and Kol immediately stepped in front of their mate protectively as they glared at Sage.

They were so busy being protective that they didn't even realize their mate had walked forward and was about to attack Sage who had become unhinged and was mumbling about Finn.

It seemed the mention of what she did was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak because when Nik saw Sage's eyes he could clearly see the insane soul behind them.

When the brothers noticed their mate walking towards the very clear danger they tried to intervene but something in their very souls told them not to.

They fought it for their mate but it didn't budge and so they had to watch as their mate fought.

~~~~~~

When I took a step forward Sage turned towards me with wide unhinged eyes.

She focused in on me like she was about to lunge but I just smiled sympathetically. 

I froze her with my magic effortlessly "I am sorry this has happened to you, I can see you now. So warped by the first sire bond that you can not even see what you have done" I said with a soothing tone.

She looked at me confused and angry, making me turn serious again.

I sighed regretfully before hardening myself to it all "I'll put you out of your misery to be judged by Cade himself. Maybe he will give you peace with your mate, this may have not been entirely your fault" I said with no emotion before snapping her neck.

Once she was unconscious on the floor I walked up to her and entered her mind.

I saw many things, she was telling the truth about Elena, the bitch pulled a Kathrine. Sage wasn't telling the whole truth though, she would have killed Elena herself if she wasn't fully aware of Elena's intentions, Sage wanted to get revenge against Nik by turning his Doppelganger.

She knew what Elena was planning when she gave her blood, Sage still thought Elena was batshit crazy but she knew her plans, as long as their plans aligned she didn't have a problem.

I also saw that Tristen and Aurora knew about Lucion and my mate's involvement.

They also knew about mine but not who I was. Or they just didn't trust Sage.

I could see from her memories that she has known all three for centuries.

They had a mutual understanding and respect for her since she was also one of the first sired by an original.

Though they didn't seem to work together much, more like acquaintances.

She was closer to Lucian than anyone else.

They had slept together a few times, damn she even fucked Tristane once. Talk about picking your men. The only one she got right was Finn.

She had a few vampires around that I would have to take care of but for the most part, this was really an unplanned meeting.

I quickly got any other relevant information before leaving her mind as quickly as possible.

Once I pulled out of her mind I stood up and looked at her on the floor with no emotion before using my magic to pull her heart from her chest and let it fall to the floor with a splat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo what do u guys think of what I did with it? I really had no idea where I was going but I liked it. It was definitely her darker side but also I never have her kill without her reasons so idk.

Happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.

Edited: 2/23/22