Sacrifice Part 2

A/N: Omg guys it's been so long and I'm so sorry but a lot of things were going on and I just failed my reports lol so now my mum is like, mad at me, and with the whole lockdown thing I haven't been able to go to the coffee shop and get their really good doughnuts. Like seriously, they have the best doughnuts ever. No cap. Anyways, essentially, I was going through a lot of things but now I'm kind of back I guess :) Also lockdown sucks. Periodt.

Peter's POV (duh)

Well.

This was... awkward, to say the least. But, as a random guy who Peter really couldn't remember probably once said: well... um... Peter didn't actually have a quote for this scenario, but I'm sure you get the idea... hopefully.

"Pancakes?" Tony asked the tiny child sandwiched between Natasha and himself.

"No thank you."

"Orange juice?" Clint offered halfheartedly.

"No thanks."

"Croissants?" Peter shook his head yet again.

"Oh come ON!" Bucky gasped, abruptly standing up and storming to where Peter sat. "You have to eat SOMETHING!"

"Does he think we're trying to poison him?" Natasha spoke in her native tongue.

"I don't know, but whatever the reason, he hasn't eaten anything the whole day. Is this normal?" Bucky replied in fluent Russian.

Peter started to frown. It was one thing to talk in another language around him, but to talk in another language in the same room as him when the conversation was clearly about him?

Well. The lion, the witch, and the audacity of that bitch.

"Can you at least tell us your name?" Tony implored. "Because I don't wanna have to invade your privacy but I will if it's necessary." Peter remained stubbornly silent, averting his eyes to the ground.

Tony offered Peter a pop-tart, but still, he remained silent, refusing to give into the temptation of food. Nobody, nobody- not even Tony-fucking-Stark- would Peter willingly give even such a small victory to. They'd have to shove the food down his throat if they really wanted to feed him.

Tony sighed, visibly deflating. Then, he stood up and shuffled to his lab- probably to find Peter in the Government's data.

Soon, everyone had filed out, excluding Steve, but still, Peter couldn't move. He wanted to move, he really did, but he couldn't. And even if he could, with all his injuries, he knew he wouldn't get very far.

Steve's POV because he gets a lot of hate and that makes me sad :(

Steve stood where he was, not knowing what to do. Did he leave him be? Try to force something down the young spiderling's throat?

Would he even get him to say anything at all?

The tension was becoming overwhelming, and, just as it was about to get to the point where it was too much to bear, Steve was- he believed to be the correct quote- 'saved by the bell,' because Bruce rushed into the room, gripping his phone like a life-line, panting and wheezing for air.

The first Avenger moved over to Bruce in a calm fashion and gently pried the device from his hand. "What's wrong, Bruce?" he asked soothingly, "it's OK. Whatever it is, just take a deep breath and tell me what's going on."

"It's not-" Bruce wheezed, "It's not what's going on." Steve raised an eyebrow. "It's who's going on." Peter immediately perked up. Danger? A threat? An enemy? A reason to escape the never-ending cycle of awkwardness?

"Well, come on Bruce, who is it?" Said man plucked the phone back from Steve's hands and punched in the passcode. He almost dropped the device as he handed it back to Steve, who peered at it curiously before his face blanched and he dropped the phone, the gadget falling to the ground with a dull thud!

Oh.

My.

God.

Um... thanks for bearing with me, I guess. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much for all the comments and votes as well, it really motivates me to write a lot more. Hopefully I can update more often, but IDK, it really depends on school and shit.