Chapter 55

My poor heart was throbbing really hard. I tried to scream or run but I couldn't seem to move.

She quickly wrapped her hand around my wrist, the knife was smiling its sharpness at me like it was ready to slit my throat.

"Go upstairs and don't say a word." She whispered, glancing around and started pulling me towards the stairs.

I was so scared to even attempt to run so I let her pull me all the way to my room.

God, save me. I internally prayed.

She shut the door behind her, sauntered to the bed and gently pushed me to it, shushing me again though I wasn't speaking.

Gosh, how could I not have thought of Faith? She had the same red hair as the person that was spying on us at the company. Who else could've known that I cried my eyes out except three of them? There's no way I could've suspected her, I thought she was a good friend. So she was the devil in the disguise of an angel?

She glanced around, still pointing the knife at me before her gaze finally rested on me.

"F–Faith… wh–what's… what's happening?" I managed to stutter, my chest was rising and falling really fast beyond my control.

She tilted her head, staring at me with her eyes narrowed then chuckled; a chuckle that confused me. "I'm not going to harm you. We're friends, remember?" She whispered.

"Uh?" I lifted an eyebrow, staring between her face and the knife.

"Oh, this?" She stared at it. "It's not for you, it's protection." She dropped the knife beside me on the bed and I flinched while she rolled her eyes, shambling to the door.

She poked her head out of the door for a few seconds before she left the room, leaving a confused me looking like an idiot. She returned after a few minutes, heaving a sigh.

"I think it's safe."

"What's going on?" I was beyond perplexed.

She chuckled again. "I'm not here to kill you. I can't even hurt a strand of your hair, why would I harm you? You're the only true friend I've had in my entire life."

"So…" I trailed off, trying to let this sink into my head. "I'm very confused, what's going on?"

"I'll let you know everything. Has Hames told you anything about Samantha?

My eyes went wide. "You know her too?"

"Yeah, she's my sister." She said and I gasped.

"Who is she? Hames said she's obsessed with him and nothing else but I don't understand who she is and why she's sending crazy messages to me."

"Oh, that's all he told you?"

"Is there more to it?" I held her arms, rising to my feet.

"Uh…" she twittered, nervously scratching the back of her neck. "I guess he has to tell you on his own."

"Tell me now!" I ordered.

She gazed at me with fear ringing in her eyes then sighed. "Okay, she wants to kill you."

I let go of her and moved backwards. "K-kill me?"

"Let me explain. I went to church last Sunday and the Pastor preached about friends' betrayal so I've been feeling so guilty like I'm betraying you."

"You're betraying me?"

"Of course not!" She snapped. "I'm not terrible."

"Like I said before, my sister is Samantha. We were both really great friends and always followed the path of God till our Parents died many years back and we were separated.