Chapter 23

This just happened to be the most boring dinner with anyone. He hadn't said a word but was only eating and glancing at me at short intervals, nothing else. Well, it wasn't like I was expecting us to exchange words. It wasn't a date. 

"Oh, I'm supposed to be nice." He said randomly, sitting up straight. So he remembered now? He needed to stop deceiving himself. He could never be a nice person. 

"I guess you forgot that." I forced a smile.

"Yes, I did." He chuckled. Oh goodness, he just chuckled? 

Once again, silence occurred. I hated it as hell, but I wasn't going to start a discussion with him. Heavens knew how much I hated keeping my mouth shut for such a long time. 

We finished our meal, still dwelling in that silence. 

"We should leave now," I said, realizing we were both done with our meal and I badly needed to get some rest. 

"Yes, but I'd be going on a walk."

"A walk?"

"Yes, a long walk. I need to exercise my legs, not just sit around all day long. You can either tag along or sit in the car till I'll return after about an hour."

"An hour?! I can't stay in this unfamiliar area for an hour, in a car." 

"Okay, you can come along."

"I hate walking." I lifted and curved my eyebrows, trying to look pitiful.

"Well, it's your choice. You either stay or come with me." He replied indifferently, rose to his feet and turned around to leave. 

"Guess I'll have to go on a walk with him." I groaned. "Wait, Mr. Hendri— Hames!" I called.

***

The chilly evening breeze grazed my skin unremittingly, sending a unique feeling of warmth to spring through me. The sky had orange, blue and little shades of pink in it as the sun was setting. 

Walking down the pavement with Hames by my side, both our hands slightly brushing each other as they swung. It felt as though we were about to reach the bottom of the sky as we kept walking in total silence, letting the breeze throw my hair upwards dramatically. 

The walk was relaxing and cool but nevertheless, I was frustrated at this boring man's silence. I had remembered going on a walk with Kade a couple of months ago but he wasn't this boring. He was very fun to be with. We joked, laughed, talked about business and non-business related things, but Hames, so annoying. 

I really wondered how frustrated his girlfriend was going to be from his boringness and frigid demeanor. Oh wait, I forgot he was a hater of romance, he couldn't have a girlfriend. He probably had one and she died from how boring, annoying, and frustrating he was.

I couldn't take this frustrating silence anymore. "Do you even talk?!" I was forced to ask. 

He stared— more like, glared at me with those frigid brown eyes of his, making my intervals squirm and everything in me made me regret asking him that.

"I'm sorry." I sheepishly apologized, averting my gaze from him and began walking faster so he was behind me. 

"Miss Mark," he called. I halted my steps and pivoted to him. "I also don't like it when I walk behind people I'm walking with. Stay beside me, not in front of me." He had got to be kidding me? He locked his hands behind him, moved a few steps further so he could be right in front of me.