Chapter 234: Re: Covenantor

Start from the beginning

Lu Xiuqi was the Queen's husband, and if something happened to him during the inspection of Lu Xiufan's experiments, he would certainly be suspected by the Queen. The other party obviously wanted to use Lu Xiuqi to cause conflict between him and the Queen, but they didn't expect that their treatment drug had been successfully developed, so there was no reason at all for Lu Xiufan to murder Lu Xiuqi to avoid the inspection.

而这份研究成果,是尚泽用生命换来的。

The research results were exchanged by Shang Ze with his life.

陆修樊全力投入事件调查,将之前所有嫌疑目标全部清查了一遍,其手段之狠,效率之高,让人闻风丧胆。一只沉睡的猛兽被他们唤醒,开始了它凶残的屠戮,贵族官僚们迎来了有史以来最可怕的寒冬。首都索亚弥漫着一片肃杀之气,连平民也察觉到风雨欲来的前兆。

Lu Xiufan threw himself into the investigation of the incident and rechecked the previous cleared suspects and targets. He did it with such high efficiency and ruthlessness anyone that heard about it trembled. A sleeping beast was awakened by them to begin its ferocious slaughter, and the aristocratic bureaucrats were ushered into the most frightening winter in history. The capital Soya was filled with an aura of austerity, and even the commoners sensed the signs of an impending storm.

两年后,陆修樊扫荡了三个盘根错节的利益团伙,从黑道组织到银行官员,从地下买卖到国务总督,从外交商贸到财政大臣,从下至上,逐一查处。其中最让人震惊的,便是科学国务大臣格森,在科学领域极具权威、一度被视为联盟骄傲的他,竟然是一个无耻的外国间谍,数十年间,不知出卖了多少国家情报。

Two years later, Lu Xiufan had swept up three deeply rooted and problematic bribery groups, from the mobs to bank officials, from underground trading to state governors, from diplomatic trade to finance ministers. From bottom to top, they were all dealt with. The most shocking of them all was the State Chancellor of Science Ferguson, who held great power and was once regarded as the pride of the field of science, was actually a shameless foreign spy who had betrayed countless national intelligence over the decades.

为了调查这些人,陆修樊也付出了惨痛的代价,右眼失明,身上多处枪伤,几度徘徊于生死边缘,每天都活在危险和恐吓中。

In order to investigate these people, Lu Xiufan also paid a terrible price. He was blind in his right eye, his body with multiple gunshot wounds while he hovered on the verge of death countless times. He lived everyday in danger and threats.

换做一般人,早就偃旗息鼓或者低调行事了。但陆修樊毫无所惧,下手果决。当一位手握重权、精明强干的人豁出性命狙击对手时,基本没有人能够逃出罗网。更何况他还有女王陛下和亲王陆修齐的支持,只要证据确凿,计划完善,即可各个击破,以雷霆之势,将权利中心重新洗牌。

If an ordinary person were to do what he had done, they would have gave up or kept a low profile. But Lu Xiufan was fearless and decisive in his actions. When a powerful, smart and capable man risked his life to snipe an opponent, pretty much no one could escape. Moreover, he has the support of Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Lu Xiuqi, so as long as the evidence was solid and the plan is sound, he can break down each and every one of them and reshuffle the powers of the Empire like lightning.

两年时间并不足以清理所有相关人员,但陆修樊的强力狙击,已经让他们元气大伤,再追究下去恐怕就要触及女王的底线了。

Two years was not enough time to clean up all the people involved, but Lu Xiufan's powerful sniping has already hurt them badly. If he continue to pursue the matter, the Queen's bottom line would be reached.