Chapter 216: Death Cycle (XIV)

Shang Ke successfully joined the Shadowmoon Mercenary Group. After resting for two days, he followed them and left the temporary base.

Shadowmoon recruited close to 30 level six and above ability users this time. The purpose is to kill two general level zombies wandering nearby. Originally, two general level zombies wouldn't need so many experts to be sent. However, they had separately established their own territory in two abandoned cities. They hunted humans and livestocks all around and their influence was expanding rapidly. Humans had to annihilate them before they grew too much.

"Based on the information given, the two general level zombies are at Huaiqu and Baonan respectively, at more than two hundred miles apart. To be safe, we will not divide our troops and will concentrate our force to defeat them one by one." The Shadowmoon Mercenary Group leader Bai Mu pointed at the electronic map and explained the situation to the new members.

"Do we know the specific number of zombies? How strong are they?" A muscular and strong middle-aged man asked.

"There are around 500+ near Huaiqu and 700+ at Baonan. Most of them are low level zombies and the number of high level zombies shouldn't exceed 50."

"Then what's our first target?"

"Huaiqu."

Shang Ke didn't join in the discussion and leaned on the armoured vehicle alone. His gaze swept through everyone around and finally stopped at a man around 30 years old standing on the steps. He had short reddish brown hair, an ordinary appearance and dark skin. He was wearing a slightly old country outfit, making him look a little decadent and wild as well as having the unique charm a mature man has.

Although he had already chosen Di Kui, Shang Ke was still able to recognise that person in once glance depending on that familiar presence. This matter made him feel perturbed and once again made him question his own judgment.

Why do two different people have the same similar presence? This definitely wasn't just a simple coincidence. The sensing between him and his lover came from the Flaming Red Sky and their deep feelings accumulated through countless reincarnations. There may be similarities between people, but the soul was unique. Shang Ke is confident he wouldn't recognise the wrong person.

But...

Huo Xuan who disguised himself as a free mercenary seemed to have sensed his gaze and turned around. He was stunned when he saw Shang Ke. Then, he showed him a small smile.

When they were introducing themselves earlier, Shang Ke remembered him calling himself "Yang Rui" and was a level seven ability user that came from a small town in the south.

Shang Ke then looked at Zuo Xian who was not far away. After Huo Xuan has disguised himself, Zuo Xian was now the strongest person in the team and also the person with the highest status. He wondered if Huo Xuan told Zuo Xian about his disguise.

"Okay, this is the information we currently have. Have a good rest today everyone. We will enter the boundaries of Huaiqu tomorrow and we probably won't have the time to rest then." Bai Mu put away the electronic map. After giving a few reminders, he called the companion beside him and walked into an abandoned building.

The others packed up their belongings and followed one after another.

Shang Ke carried his back and walked at the end.

"Where's your companion?" Huo Xuan walked to him and asked casually.

"I don't know." Shang Ke looked at him with cold eyes and instantly entered 'aggro attracting mode'.