𝐈𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ↣ ᴅᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇɴᴇᴠɪᴇɴᴛᴏ

SUMMARY: Y/n enjoys Donna's company. Donna knows this, but not quite the extent of why. Angie tries to tell her, but she's still not convinced.

PAIRING: Male You x Donna Beneviento.

⤿ ✶ ⤾

"It's always a pleasure." Y/n bowed his head in respect, slipping his hat back on. Donna smiled, unaffected by the comment. Angie noticed, her eyes flickering between Y/n and Donna. When Y/n left, Angie's eyes were just on Donna.

"What?" Donna caught Angie staring.

"Nothing." Angie lied.

"It's obviously something," Donna said. "I can feel it in your mind."

Angie sighed.

"Every time Y/n comes over here, you can cut the tension with a knife."

"Tension? What tension?" Donna was instantly confused. Her and Y/n were very close friends. He would drop by and have tea with Donna. They would talk and talk, until eventually when Y/n had to leave.

"Y/n likes you, dummy!"

"What?" Donna turned pink. "No he doesn–"

"And you like him!" Angie exclaimed. "I didn't have to read your mind to know that either. I can tell by the way you look at him with your eye."

"Angie, that's–"

"And the fact that you let him see your face in the first place." Angie cut in again. "You haven't even showed your siblings!"

"I just trust him, that's all."

"Yeah! You trust him, because you have a mega crush on him!"

"No, he's just a really nice guy." Donna admitted, a smile on her face despite Angies claims. "I like spending time with him."

"Whatever," Angie crosses her arms. "Next time he comes over, pay attention to his eyes. Then tell me I don't know what I'm talking about."

His eyes? Donna thought. How strange...

Donna didn't have to wait long to see Y/n again. A day later he returned to see her again. Donna quickly boiled some tea and even put out biscuits. Y/n usually didn't eat such sweets, but he gladly took the opportunity to indulge.

One would think the two wouldn't have much to talk about seeing as they just saw each other, but the two could talk about anything and everything. Donna was currently talking about the new dress she was making for Alcina. It was going to be red. Coincidentally, Y/n's favourite colour.

The evening was going well until Donna unconsciously took notice of Y/n's eyes. She noticed how they looked at her with such... adoration. It startled her for a moment.

"Donna?" Y/n's soft voice broke her trance. "Are you alright?"

In being broken from her thoughts, Donna had broken her cup. The tea inside spilt over her dress.

"Oh gosh!" She exclaimed, standing from her seat.

"Here." Y/n came to the rescue with a cloth. He successfully cleaned the table, but Donna was a different story. Y/n removed his coat, then started to unbutton his shirt.

"What are you doing?"

"Giving you my shirt."

"You don't have to do that, I have other dresses." Donna said, her eyes nervously fluttering down to Y/n. Underneath his shirt, he wore a white singlet.

"Yes, but didn't you tell me you hung them to dry?"

It was true. During conversation, Donna may have mentioned she did her laundry today. She even offered to do Y/n's laundry if he ever didn't want to do his own. Classic Donna.

"I did, but I'm sure they're dry by now."

"Nope." Angie yelled from another room. "Still wet!"

Donna awkwardly smiled. Y/n lent a hand out, his shirt in it. Donna took it, telling him she would be back soon. When Donna returned, Y/n wasn't prepared for way he felt. Because of Donna's petite frame, the shirt hung over her. If Y/n wasn't a gentleman – or an awkward mess – he wouldn't have been be able to contain himself.

"It's getting late." Y/n started his excuse to leave. "I should go."

"Oh." Donna hadn't paid attention to the time. She never does when she's with Y/n. "Get home safe." She said, standing by the door. Y/n had walked out of it, seemingly already gone.

"Donna." He called for his friend, turning back to the door.

"Yes?" She turned to face him too. Y/n couldn't contain himself any longer. He practically lunged forward, his hands bringing Donnas face impossibly close until they shared a kiss.

"Scheisse," He mumbled to himself in his native language; German. "Goodbye, Donna."

And with that, Y/n was gone, giving Donna no time to react. The only thing that she could comprehend was what Angie shouted next.

"I told you so!"

⤿ ✶ ⤾

I didn't proofread this, I was too excited 😆