𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 ↣ ᴄᴇʀsᴇɪ ʟᴀɴɴɪsᴛᴇʀ

SUMMARY: For the right price, you kill whoever needs to be killed. One of the men you killed was Jaime Lannister. So when you go to warn Cersei about a war brewing, she doesn't take too kind to your presence.

PAIRING: Male You x Cersei Lannister.

⤿ ✶ ⤾

"You have a lot of gall showing your face here," Cersei stood from her throne. "I should have your head cut off and sat on a spike!" She yelled, her anger getting the best of her. She pulled a sword from nearby.

Y/n wasn't expecting a warm welcome but he didn't think he would end up in a brawl.

Cersei used all the strength she possessed to lunge at Y/n, twisting her sword right at him. With ease, he dodged it, along with the strike Cersei tried to land. With a yell, Cersei pushed Y/n away. It gave Cersei an edge for a split second. She swung her sword again, only for Y/n to block it with his. The two engaged in a spar between their swords. Eventually, hit after hit, Y/n took an opening and knocked the weapon from Cersei's hand. He dropped his own and knelt to Cersei.

"I'm here to warn you, Cersei. I'm afraid your kingdom isn't completely under your ruling."

"What are you on about?" Cersei groaned, standing from the floor.

"There's word of a mutiny." Y/n admitted. "Against you."

"Impossible," Cersei spoke her thoughts aloud. "You killed my brother, why on earth should I trust you?!"

"You don't have to trust me." Y/n cautiously stood from where he had kneeled. "But you do have to open your eyes and see that they'll kill you if you don't prepare yourself."

"Alright." Cersei agreed begrudgingly, knowing that Y/n were right. Cersei had a feeling something was brewing. She convinced herself that was the only reason why she believed him. "I believe your suspicions are right. Someone is plotting my demise."

"I can help protect you." Y/n nobly offered. "You don't know who you can trust in your own kingdom. It is best that I am by your side at all times."

"So you can kill me yourself?" Cersei bitterly laughed. "I don't think so."

"If I wanted you dead, I would not have warned you."

Cersei raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I'll keep that in mind."

Cersei's heart was a battlefield of conflicting emotions. She was supposed to hate Y/n for taking her brother's life, but as he stood there, offering his protection and speaking the truth about the brewing threat, a strange admiration began to bloom within her.

Days turned into weeks, and Y/n stayed true to his word, never once betraying her trust. He was always there, watching her back, and over time, Cersei found herself relying on his presence more than she cared to admit.

One evening, as they stood together on the balcony overlooking King's Landing, Cersei's guard began to crumble. "I should despise you," she whispered, her voice tinged with frustration.

Y/n turned to her, his eyes locked onto hers. "I understand why you would," he replied, his voice equally soft. "But I cannot change the past. All I can do is protect you now."

Cersei's eyes welled up with tears she had been fighting to hold back. "Why is it that the man who killed my brother is the one who makes me feel alive again?" She choked on her words, struggling to contain the turmoil inside her.

Y/n reached out, gently wiping away a tear that had escaped her eye. "Love is a complicated thing, my Queen," he said, his voice filled with understanding. "Sometimes, it finds us in the most unexpected of places."

Cersei's anger flared once more, and she pushed him away, unable to cope with the forbidden feelings that were taking root in her heart. "This cannot happen," she snapped, her voice trembling. "I won't allow myself to love the man who killed Jaime."

Y/n watched her, his heart heavy with the weight of her turmoil. He knew that their love was a dangerous secret, but he also knew that he would do whatever it took to protect Cersei, even if it meant bearing the burden of her anger and frustration.

As they continued to navigate the treacherous waters of politics and power, Cersei and Y/n's love would be tested, but it was a flame that refused to be extinguished, burning brighter with each passing day.

⤿ ✶ ⤾

A/N:

Took me years to write this because realistically... Cersei would've killed yo ass 😂

     — KAYSON, 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔬𝔣𝔳𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔰