𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ↣ ᴏᴄᴛᴀᴠɪᴀ ʙʟᴀᴋᴇ

SUMMARY: After everything Kolton has done to survive, he's convinced that he's a Monster. Octavia has something to say about that though.

PAIRING: Male OC x Octavia Blake

𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐇𝐔 as 𝐊𝐎𝐋𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓

⤿ ✶ ⤾

"You okay?" A curious Octavia asked as she came to sit beside Kolton. She noticed him from afar, wondering what could have him seem so uncomfortable.

"Not really," He answered honestly, not turning to face Octavia. "I'm just annoyed at everything we've done ever since we got sent here."

"We did what we had to do." Octavia tried to assure, using that stern voice of hers. "We had to survive."

"But at what cost?" Kolton shakes his head, eyebrows furrowing as if he was about to cry. "I've killed people, Octavia."

"So have I." Octavia turned her body more so that she was facing Kolton, completely focused. "We all have."

"But was it all really just to survive?" Kolton suddenly raised his voice, startling Octavia. They stared at each other for a moment, not saying a word. Eventually Kolton looked away so he could let his tears fall down. "Not everything I have done has been to survive. I've done things to people — unspeakable things — just because I felt like it."

Octavia had completely softened at this point. Her tough exterior had faltered away and her eyes were almost welling up with tears.

"I'm a monster." Kolton cried into his hands, not caring at how weak he seemed in front of Octavia.

"Hey, no, look at me," Octavia's voice croaked out. She reached for Koltom but he kept pulling away. Eventually, she caught him by the face and he froze. "You are not a monster, okay? I know about you enough to know that's not true." Octavia wiped away Kolton's tears while shedding her own. The boy didn't respond. He hated how upset Octavia looked.

"I'm sorry." Kolton apologised. "But it's true."

To Kolton's surprise, Octavia leaned in and kissed him. He clearly wasn't expecting it, but he leant into it. Octavia suddenly pulled away, her lips hovering above his.

"If you were a monster, would I have done that?"

Kolton responded by reconnecting their lips. They reached for each other, pulling and groping until Octavia was on Kolton's lap. Their lips only ever broke apart when Kolton shifted them to the forest floor, then they were connected again.

The fire burned softly beside them, fuelling the moment even further. Slowly and sensually, the two embraced each other. Octavia's arms were draped loosely around Kolton's shoulders, her legs tight around his waist. Kolton went for Octavia's neck, leaving wet kisses and sucking at her pale skin.

"Kolton," She moaned in a whisper. "I want you." She admitted, when Kolton came up to kiss her lips again.

Bit by bit, they carefully undressed each other until they were stark naked. They would've been cold but weren't due to the hot flicker of the fire. Octavia felt physically on fire when Kolton finally made love to her.

A monster wouldn't be able to treat Octavia like the way Kolton did. He was gentle yet passionate. She knew he wasn't a monster. She hoped come tomorrow morning, he would realise it too.

After the two had finished their festivities, they decided to sleep by the fire, too tired to walk back to camp. Octavia smiled, holding the hand that Kolton had draped over her. He cuddled her from behind, his face nuzzled in the back of her neck. They were both covered by a blanket that had been left there, only using it because they knew when the fire went out, it would be cold. Octavia looked to the fire, watching it spark. It was the last thing she remembered seeing before she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Octavia woke with a smile. She stretched, turning over to face to Kolton, only to find that he wasn't there. She suddenly sat up, looking around to see that all that was left behind was Octavia's belongings. She ran a soft hand through her hair, a little upset that Kolton had left. But a part of her understood it.

Later that day, Octavia came across Kolton. She waved at him from across the camp. He ignored her and walked away. She followed him. They ended up in his tent.

"What do you want?" Kolton grumbled, seemingly unimpressed. He took a seat.

"Why did you ignore me just now?" Octavia crossed her arms, not playing nice since it was clear that Kolton wasn't either.

"Do I really have to answer that?" Kolton scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

"So having sex with me is a good enough reason to ignore me?" Octavia was upset now, mostly because Kolton was being so childish.

"Keep your voice down," Kolton hissed, standing abruptly. "And why do you care so much about it, anyway? It's not like we were best friends before all this."

"I care because you're vulnerable, right now. You could do something stupid."

"I already did something stupid," He muttered, not meeting Octavia's eyes. She knew what he meant and she was immediately hurt. "I am vulnerable, Octavia." He then boldly admits, sighing. "Because I'm coming to terms with everything bad I have done. I told you last night and I'll tell you again... I am a monster."

Octavia shook her head, almost on the verge of tears.

"Last night was..." Kolton takes a breath, trying best to place his next words carefully. "It was nice, I'll admit it. It made me forget about everything for a moment."

"But?" Octavia sniffles. She could sense that there was a catch.

"It can't happen again."

After a brief moment where the two just stared at each other, Octavia reluctantly nodded.

"I'll stay out of your way," She held back her tears. "But don't come crying to me when you realise I'm the only person who's looking out for you." Then she left, flying through the door of the tent.

Kolton sighed, partly guilty for pushing Octavia away. But it was the only way. He could say it was because he was a monster, but the truth was, he didn't want to spoil the connection he felt for her.

He was in love with her.

⤿ ✶ ⤾

I really enjoyed writing this one.

Let me know what you thought of it! Does it deserve a part 2?